Temporary splish splash ban

Oh, I 100% do care about the game. These kinds of effects aren’t a good thing for it.

They are driving more people away from the game than drawing to it.

That’s why Hearthstone is in a slow bleed of players and content.

1 Like

Sure but there are for more factors driving people away.

Latam for example is almost dead as a region after they stopped the regional price policy.

Also we are seeing deinvestment on all areas of the game in the middle of hearthstone 10 anniversary.

Powercreep is on the list but is far lower than you think it is. They have far worse stuff to deal with and let’s be fair that this expansion is a decent idea regarding the game direction.
You stop decks from over specialing by giving the classes weaker versions of other classes tools.

In theory neutral should do that but if you do that with neutrals we end with every single deck using more or less the same cards nowadays.

If you’re not playing the Dorian/Marin package, I don’t know what the hell you’re doing

I put it in my sludgelock and gone 33-7

might as well unban splish splash, make it a 1 mana 2/2 since we’re printing such broken cards

It can still be found through Cactus Construct.

Looks like the whelp was brought back as a 3mana 3/2. I’m not sure if this is actually a nerf or a buff. Seems a wash at best. A 3/2 is a much better body than a 1/1, the effect is the same, and I’m not sure the 1 mana difference changes anything.

Overall, its a buff for the reasons that you mentioned.

Well, that’s a fail then.

It was banned because they viewed it as too strong. And then they brought back an arguably stronger version kekw

It’s an adjustment.

It’s definitely worse for the deck it was just used in because it no longer curves nearly as well as it did prior to the short ban.

Overall, it’s a bit stronger because it’s now just a better minion.

It’s going to be directly competing with other ramp cards in the next set starting next week. New heights is kind of busted in a way whelp isn’t.

well now you depend on the coin/innervate to get to ramp on turn 2

im guessing this weakens the deck a bit

The whole temporary ban feels more like it was a delay tactic for the expansion to get a week closer to release. We still have no idea if this deck even survives the new expansion. If the meta gets even faster as expected there’s no way the druid has the time time to ramp like it did.

The only problem is that nerfs could put the druid back on top if they aren’t careful.

That’s the Blizzard way. Call something a nerf when it’s actually a buff…cough Boogie Down cough.

I doubt it’s a buff.

The Dragon package has a built-in curve, which is playing the Whelp followed by one of the numerous 4-cost dragons.

Perhaps it’s a buff if you are going second.