T i c k a t u s 123456789

does this card stay in standard until april of next year?

i had intended to stop playing constructed until tickatus left standard, but 8 months is a long time.

is there a mill counter i haven’t seen?

Yes, it stays until the entire year’s worth of cards rotates.

Counter #1: kill them before they can play corrupted Tickatus.

Counter #2: apply so much pressure that they can’t afford to drop an 8/8 which doesn’t affect the board.

Counter #3: Use Mutanus the turn after they play a 7+ mana card.

Counter #4: Use constant pressure and a N’zoth follow-up to kill them shortly after Tickatus hits.

Counter #5: focus less on your rank and concede once the opponent indicates they’re playing control warlock. :slight_smile:

In my experience Jaraxxus is a much scarier threat against control decks. They will both (presumably) rotate next year. I say presumably because we don’t know what cards will be in the next core set and Mr. J might stick around.

2 Likes

that all seems a bit iffy. i don’t want to change my whole style of play for one card.

conceding is okay with me, but i hate to miss out on a control versus control game. it’s why i play.

jaraxxus is fine with me. it’s why i have been looking at making a warlock deck

1 Like

Some decks just lose to some decks. It sucks, but it balances out in the end. There are a lot of decks control warlock just plain loses to.

1 Like

Someone gave multiple good answers in the comments but as a legend warlock player for 2 years now I’ll give my input because I have a lot of experience with Tickatus. Any cards that disrupt your opponents mana cost by either making them higher or even lower will make it harder for them to play it, any cards that shuffle hands back into decks, any card that pulls minions from your opponents hand onto the board or eats it like mutanous, etc. You can also anticipate when they want to drop tickatus too because they’ll usually play a 7 or 8 drop the turn before to corrupt him. So if they do that you just play mutanous after to hopefully eat him or you can put a big threat on the board that they need to answer before playing him. Also if your deck is some otk style deck where your win condition is based on a couple cards then I’m sorry but thats what tickatus was made to counter, maybe play a deck that has multiple win conditions so getting milled isn’t a huge deal.

2 Likes