Suggestions on improving deck, for new players to try out

Note Veteran Players:

“With the intended use by beginners for climbing out of apprenticeship, and my personal use to move up in bronze for my Lucius account.”

Any suggestions on improving or critique on this deck?
Last time I got laughed at for a DECK I put together… though it was garbage however. Surprisingly this deck “appears” to do quite well, and I’m not making any claims that this deck is epic or anything but is working in very early ladder.

Note New Players:

“Piloting this deck is fairly straightforward.”

Hello new players, this is a DECK that I put together for my Lucius account for climbing out of apprenticeship using the Priest class. It’s cheap, but seems to get the job done. My mana curve was quite intentional in the hope that higher cost cards equal half of the lowest cost cards would create consistent card draws.

Piloting tips:
Time your use of low cost spells for board clears… try not to use them on tiny opponent minions until about turn 2-4, however don’t let the board get away from you or your toast, as you can sometimes pull yourself out of losing control of the board but doing so will require experience in use of the deck.

Pay attention to the synergy of (Crimson Clergy and Devouring Plague), any spell that can heal multiple times in one cast will ramp up Clergy’s attack stat, just make sure something needs healed otherwise it will not work. When you go to play (Priest of An’she) if you can’t restore health on your own face or minions then use it on your opponent’s minions to get the stat bonuses, but BE CAREFUL when doing this.

(Talented Arcanist) is generally used in the midgame to ramp up spell damage. When using (Thrive in the Shadows) and (Venomous Scorpid) double check the state of the board before selecting a spell, and choose a spell appropriate to the state.

An extremely important tip I can give you is… "Spend your mana conservatively, don’t use a resource if its overkill, and until you get experience with the deck…when choosing spells from discovery try to stick closely to getting extra (Holy Smite), (Devouring Plague), (Holy Nova), as later midgame these can also be used to lower an opponent’s minion health to 4 or lower so you can use (Initiation) to steal a copy of the opponent’s minion or just use (arcanist) to increase initiations damage threshold.

Give it a try…
If it doesn’t work for you or your play style than just choose another deck build.

Well I couldn’t really say just looking at the card names (just kind of started playing again). Tonight after work I can take it for a spin though and see how it works. I do recall making a very controlly priest deck when I started playing with random cards I had. Surprisingly it worked very well for the level I was playing at at the time. So I’m gonna assume this may be workable. I’ll let you know later how it works out (provided I have the cards).

1 Like

Alright, the easiest way I could figure for me to simulate playing a new player was to play the innkeeper. So take this for what it’s worth. I think it’s a decent deck for a new player. It may be a bit top heavy though. It may benefit from taking one high cost card out and adding like a shadow word: death or ruin. Like maybe the legendary that kills a minion and steals health. I forget the name of that one, I just think new players tend to go for more aggro type decks. So it may be a bit slow. And one or two cheap removals may be better.

1 Like

Thank you for taking the time to check it out, and the suggestions. :blush: @Valdin