Suggestions on how to monetize HS better

Standard is half of the game too. Dust for sale would be better since players know what they are getting and can change their mind unlike wild cards.

if they sold dust i would hope they would charge no more then 5 bucks for 1600 dust.

You kidding me, 4000 Dust in equivalent to packs would be at least $69.99. But since it’s only Dust 1600 should be $9.99 since the Legendary cards are much more impactful due to small deck size.
Let’s compare this to a similar game, LoR. In LoR if you build a deck entirely with money in would roughly cost you around $19.99. And if it’s equivalent to 3200 Dust it could get you a really decent net deck in HS for $20.

9.99 is to much for a single legendary card.

in LOR cards are so much more accessible i think it is ok to up charge people. blizzard is so stingy with their “free” resources it feels like extortionist to change more then 5 bucks for a legendary

I said the usefulness and the impact of a card is important right? Don’t call Riot “loving” when you can’t realize they didn’t hand you what you believe you had. Just look at how many champions they run in a deck, like six, the champions are as simple as an epic minion in HS. In HS the Legendary cards are more game defining and useful. And the deck sizes, don’t just look at quantity this is the mistake many player make, I played LoR for quite some time and what did I got? Bulk and a couple of useless champions F2P.

you can get the entire set playing for free in 2 month casually, not sure what you did wrong.

Yeah but you should understand one Legendary in HS = 2+ champions in LoR, it is the same based on the impact and usefulness. Read my previous post.

that is not tangential to my point. how many legionaries did AOO ad like 25? as soon as you start selling dust you are basically selling all cads individually and i think with 25 legendaries in a set asking for more then 5 bucks is too much, unless they make the cards more accessible over all, then i dont care how much they charge.

But then packs are more expensive. $9.99 is already like 50% cheaper than a pack in terms of dust. But $6.99 or $7.99 would still be fair. The value of card and how they are used is totally different, no matter how you can get them F2P their real value is to be considered, since many people can earn $30+ a day it is the true value, not the accessibility F2P though.

if it makes you feel better i think packs are over priced as well.

1 Like

You are still not understanding, how impactful are the cards? You can earn them easily F2P. “But no LoR gives you more it is always gud.” Yeah people have different needs, and the price is roughly the same I won’t write the calculations unless you really don’t get it. Understand the math behind the CCG games, not how much you are paying or how much fun you have.

But monetization falls under the math of capitalism.

1 Like

this should not effect the price of cards. the goal is to make money correct?

this is debatable.

the money shop is not the only thing relevant, the ability to get entire sets in LOR fast in F2p means the cash shop is optional. is LOR spending money to get better is a choice, is HS spending money to get better is almost required.

man if you want blizzard to make money from HS let them sell golden portraits. shoot if i was blizzard, i would ad achievements and then let people pay to unlock them.

Budget decks with two epics can still climb Legend in HS if you are good enough. And what I mean is people shouldn’t get Legendary cards in HS for $5 because the whole point of HS is the card power stuff to be more impactful. Therefore people shouldn’t get them any easier since they aren’t even required. Git gud if you think paying is required, HS became much more casual than years ago where I had nothing but crap basics but I still made it to an OK rank.

which is double the price of a champion in LOR right now you can get champions for like 3.20 each. at 5 dollors blizzard would still be asking more per card then LoR. 9.99 is flat out ridiculous. i dont even understand why you are suggesting blizzard should price gauge.

I feel like a drastic reduction in the price of BG perks would be good for all involved. It’s just toooo expensive. It should be cheap enough that everyone can realistically afford it, like 600g or something. I suspect that the majority of people only have it because they pre-ordered. I could be wrong, but I don’t think many people would pay 2800g for it instead of buying packs.

2 Likes

100% the 80 dollar bundle is the best offer in all of HS now, and it is still a rip off.

1 Like