Stupid collection question

Relatively new to Hearthstone and I want to ask if it’s still possible to collect cards from older packs, i.e. Mean Streets of Gadgetzan? Or if Blizzard plans to release some sort of “Collector’s edition” of said packs or bundles?

I would appreciate the help.

Welcome to the forums!

It is still possible to collect those. They are sold in the battlenet shop, and they have at least once released a bundle of wild packs (rotated out), so there is the possibility to see those again some time. You can also craft wild cards individually in case you are looking for a very specific card.

The only thing you can’t do is get them with gold.

3 Likes

I can live without the gold; more of the practical collector.
And forgive my ignorance, but what do you mean by “wild cards”? Like Uno kind (but with hearthstone)?

Wild cards are basically the older cards you are asking for, including Mean Streets of Gadgetzan. They are, by definition, cards from sets 2 years or older (+ cards moved from the Classic Set), and can only be played in Wild mode.

Here is the link to the battle.net shop for Hearthstone.

Twice before, they have sold a special bundle for Wild packs. The first one was 40 packs: 10 packs of GvG, TGT, Old Gods, and MSG, the 2nd one was 8 packs of those 4 expansions + 8 packs from Un’Goro, KFT, Kobolds, for a total of 56 packs.

Clearly I have research to do. Thanks for the info.

Feel free to ask, there is always someone with an answer around.

Regarding the cards, the game is divided into two different modes, “Standard” that takes only Classic set, and the two most recent years of card sets (right now, Witchwood, Boomsday Project, Rumble, Shadows, Saviors and the up coming Dragons) and then “Wild” that allows cards from every set.

Every year (around April) , there is a rotation in standard, where the 3 oldest sets move to wild to leave space for the 3 sets that will come that year, that keeps the game somewhat fresh since a lot of strategies leave the game.

Once a set is rotated out of standard they can only be played in the WIld format so we call them wild sets, and wild cards when referring to them just to know the context in which the cards are being used.

That being said wild is a more complicated format than standard, since every card ever printed is allowed, there are some really powerful stuff in there that might be impossible to beat if you are just starting out and have a limited collection. So unless you really really want a specific wild card or deck and are ready to invest on in, I would recommend concentrating in standard for the first year or so, just to get the basics and then decide if you want to go into wild.

Any how, good luck out there!

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum, there is no such thing as a dumb question, because all of us have asked questions to things we don’t know about. We need to ask more questions if you ask me so we don’t become dumb :wink:

1 Like