Strangers Gone Away?

In the last two days of playing a few dozen bounties, I have encountered exactly 2 MS. Is this another nerf? Have they moved the primary location yet again? First it was Heroic B2 and then F6 and now…??? Hopefully they aren’t just figuring everyone keeps stepping up the zones for farming.

My results from Banehollow have remained consistent. Stanger appears ~33% of the time. Running a group of all 30s.

1 Like

According to
https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/qmmb0x/hc_banehollow_mysterious_stranger_worth_it_to_do/

Based on the poster’s 800 runs, the more actual fights (ie. not rez or boon nodes) you beat the higher the chance for a Mystery coin to be a Mysterious Stranger.

Granted, I’m not farming Banehollow but rather doing coin runs on various mercs but I would have figured higher results than what I have seen. Thanks all for the feedback.

in locations with low levels I dont see stranger at all now. So after reading russian forum, I started to play challenges 20+ level when I wanna get a stranger. Now as I see - as much lvl it is more often I see the stranger. Sure it only my notes, but - try to do challenges with higher lvl, or heroic ones with same lvl like you did. When you see the difference you can stay on that difficulty that you are comfortable to play.

I think now, may be if you play with heroes of low level you meet the stranger more often on low challenges. I mean, may be it depends too of level of your heroes. But the last, its just a thought.

My rate of return on Banehollow has been 50%+. That bounty map is also a good map to work on completing tasks. I run a fire combo front line with three back-ups that need their tasks. I try to group the back-ups together with synergy so they can progress together. (Orc groups, Holy groups, Shadow groups.)

I try to keep them on the same level task as well so I only have to do some things once (finish 6 bounties) but I have 3 who need it so it’s like triple credit.

Farming the 2nd Felwood bounty for Gruul coins.

Haven’t seen one for days.

Mad frustrating.

Also getting mad pissed that if I do get Gruul coins it’s only 10 and the other 4 “rewards” go for mercs I don’t wanna use

2nd Bounty in Felwood is only level 21 for regular and 27 for heroic. If you’re running a group of 30s you’re not going to get a good return, especially if you’re running regular. You need to run bounties close to the level of the highest Merc in your group.

I started playing this mode last week. It was interesting at first but they clearly don’t intend it to be fun, just grind. I’m not running “30’s”. My groups are random depending on who showed up with task that day, then I have to add my one or two guys that are over 15 to even get through the fight. The highest task I’ve completed is a task 3 on one guy. I keep trying to get the stranger, but I get SPUD or warp or something. I don’t know how you are supposed to even level the tasks up if you have to wait each day for a group of random people with a task, grind it, wait another day. It also looks like the solo quests end after 4 areas. as a new “full” mode it should keep generating harder content for solo players. I quit playing this mode a couple days ago, after not getting a new hero in the last two packs (just …portraits). Good idea ruined by one of the worst grinds for so little gain I’ve ever seen.