Stop whining about Duels

I did , i found out when the patch came live, i should have complained then :stuck_out_tongue:
Though i hope some variety will exist in that mode, not that everyone runs a alexstraza or malygos

We have been discussing it in the forums for 4 months.

i am not a frequent visitor, and i must have looked over it

Game development is too expensive to allow for this. I get wanting to make a point but making a point is a lot less valuable to these companies than making money

I used to work in game development and you’d honestly be surprised. Even the smallest additions to a game can be quite expensive. The card art assets need to be adjusted to fit player portraits, the hero powers and treasures need unique art assets, loads of new voice lines needed to be recorded, a new modes menu needed to be designed and implemented, adventure cards needed to be adjusted for balance, the adventure cards need to be tested for functionality same with the hero powers, all of the above needs to be tested by QA, extensive marketing has been designed around this mode too. Even something like this the cost to the company would be at least 20+ people working on it full time for at least a few months. It seems like it could be made on the cheap but there’s a lot more moving parts behind the scenes than it’d seem like it would.

Theyve been heavily marketing standard as the way to play for a long time and only recently showed they care at all about wild so people likely have been dusting their rotating cards for years now and all of a sudden it’s important to keep wild cards.

If you were given the impression by blizzard marketing that those cards would be useless in all but one mode that you never intend to play and isn’t well supported that’s on blizzard. They also priced the game accordingly to make it not worth keeping rotating cards if you want the stuff from the new, often more powerful, set.

Which is already after someone would have dusted their year of the raven cards to keep up with the year of the phoenix cards

That’s not a rug pull! Blizzard adding content doesn’t affect your ability to play the content you were previously focused on.

And I have personally been asking for a limited sets rotating format that includes old cards for 2 years. Is it possible for Blizzard to market something for me without you feeling they’re screwing you over?

2 Likes

For the record I personally have a decent sized wild collection. I kept anything that might possibly have some wild use but I understand that a lot of people haven’t. It’s not personally screwing me over but I can understand why some people do feel that way.

The best way to do it would be to make the wild cards that are available in duels accessible to everyone only for use in that mode so that everyone can participate on equal footing without feeling punished for not buying specific really old and rarely used sets or alternatively just use preconstructed decks as the starting point since within a week or two everyone is gonna be running the same stuff in each class anyways. Everyone wins in those scenarios

That’s offensive. Just like it’s offensive when all those people who never served a day in the Military want to say that whatever protest that’s not at all related to the military is disrespectful to the Military.

Ummm why? You’re gonna need to fill in that gap there between what I said and what you’re trying to connect it to because I’m not seeing it. The example you gave isn’t so much offensive as it is really stupid on the part of the people complaining.

If they made preconstructed decks that used some wild cards how is that at all comparable or if they simply made those cards accessible just within that mode? They can’t use them to ladder in wild but they can participate in the new game mode

Complain for yourself.

I will ask again, it’s a yes or no question. Can they market to me, and my 2 year old request for a rotating format using old cards?

Or is Blizzard never supposed to cater to me?

1 Like

I don’t have a complete wild collection and I have dusted some wild stuff so I’ll complain as much as I want.

Yes and I’ll again ask why can’t they do it in a way that makes the mode accessible to more people? How does it hurt you if they were to make those cards accessible to everyone within the context of that mode? You can use those cards for both that mode and wild laddering and they can only use them within that mode. How do preconstructed starting decks that use those cards hurt any more than the inevitable netdecking for that mode will?

Even when blizzard does started giving entire new decks for free to new players I not whine despite of I having to use both my time and money to get those same cards.

If blizzard can care about new players without having to care about me every single time.
The opposite is also true.

The list of things they done to new players is stupid big and people who dusted their older cards have no real right to whine about their own choices.

Therefore the mode is not only fine as it is but I would be the one offended by having my cards collected in YEARS of hearthstone gave rendered useless forever because blizzard is giving they for free because people whinned.

Since people can’t be reasonable here I think I should not be anymore too.

3 Likes

Then quit pretending you are complaining for someone else.

To answer your question, no. It would be best if all cards in all formats were available for free, for all players. But I understand that this game is a business and I am willing to pay to play.

It wouldn’t be useless. You can use your cards in wild and brawls and they can only use those cards while they are in rotation for duels and only within that mode like how you can be offered cards you don’t own in arena or battlegrounds.

And they’d still be able to sell those cards to people that want to play wild constructed decks while everyone that wants to play in duels can have access to these cards. Nobody would get to keep those cards for free they’d simply be able to use them in an already free mode but only within that mode and only while those cards are usable in that mode. They’ve done that sort of thing before as a promotion to make certain cards available for specific modes for a limited time.

Or again just precons since everyone is gonna netdeck within a week or two anyways

I see you ignored my response.

I said it would be best if every card, from every single expansion, from Nax to Darkmoon, was available for free, in Standard, Wild, Tavern Brawl, and Duels.

Your logic is faulted. Following your line of thought, If I were Blizzard I could give players all the cards that you own because it’s not directly affecting you. It doesn’t make things different for you, right? So where’s the problem?
The true answer is, that those cards have 0 real value. They are really just strings of data. You can’t use them to drink if you are thirsty, or eat them. All they have is PERCEIVED value, it means they are worth something only when both parts agree so. That’s how banknotes works too, in reality they are pieces of paper, but we give them some kind of value. That’s really basic economy 101.
Now, if you were to give something for free, it would still retain it’s inherent value (let’s say free food can still be eaten), but it would lose all of his perceived value. And guess what happens, if your product is based exclusively on the latter?

2 Likes

Yes they would be rendered mostly useless.

If they only matter in one mode of whatever number of modes blizzard develop during the years.

They are almost useless because I would have they anyway for all those other modes.

If you made a decision to put all resources in standard only, then that is your decision. You can change directions at any time and start building up non standard cards as well.

4 Likes

they allow for standard packs to so whats the problem ?
play on normal and try to do the best you can with what you have

who knows maybe you are focusing too much in wild legendaries and epics but commons and rare end up being better with treasures help

if that happens you can just crafts some low rarity cards(only if you really want to give it a try to heroic )

4 Likes

No I didn’t. I get why that is not feasible because the game needs to make money somehow and that’s fine. That’s why I’ve only ever said within the specific mode and only while that is in rotation.

That’s the state those cards were in prior to this mode being announced. If they were temporarily available within that specific mode they’d be no less useless than they were last week.

Within a specific mode for a limited period of time I actually wouldn’t have a problem with them making those cards available to everyone. They already let you share decks with friends who don’t own the cards

Why this game mode?

We’ve been playing with unique Wild card combinations in Tavern Brawl for years without getting them free.

1 Like