Still hall of fame cards in witchwood packs

I just got a black cat in my gift pack for the expansion’s release. I thought that the hall of fame cards should be out of the pool for packs opening. Can you fix this please?

Seen a few reports of this happening on Reddit, enough to be confident something is amiss: https://github.com/HearthSim/hs-bugs/issues/1139

Most concerning among them is this one:

A user reported that they received a duplicate Genn, despite not having all the Witchwood legendaries. Needless to say, having that happen would be very disheartening.

Are they sure? Having gone into the Collection in Crafting mode and counting, remembering that regular or golden is irrelevant for duplicate named Legendary.

i also got a black cat in my witchwood pack from the play 25 cards quest.

the gamemaster i contacted directed me here, hopefully for a replacement pack as a 4 card pack kinda sucks :frowning:

I passed the question along, but personally I thought the report seemed plausible and urgent enough to be worth posting here regardless. People who have all the legendaries from an expansion are rare, such people would probably be more familiar with the rules regarding legendaries, and Genn and Baku are anomalies in the scope of collectible legendaries at the moment. They’re the among the first cards to be sent to the HoF from a set other than Classic, which is already exhibiting issues in the fact that they can still be unpacked at all.

Hey everyone,

Thanks for the report, we are looking into this one right now.

1 Like

Thanks for responding to that post, as I do not have a reddit account.

It has been some time since someone posted about getting duplicate Legendary. but those have always been the confusion between regular and golden.

And certainly get Hall of Fame cards is not pleasant.

This has also happened to me. Murkspark Eel in the first witchwood pack I opened after the new daily quest.

The same issue exists for classic packs. I was redirected by support team to this ticket :grin:
Screenshots:

https://ibb.co/5n2PLTv
https://ibb.co/gV2Mc3n

note: it’s europe server

I also had this bug! I got two “Black cats” in my free witch-wood pack.
I send a note to support when this occurred (roughly half an hour after release), and just got the response that this had been escalated in a new report to the developers, so they are aware of it at least.

It’s such a weird bug to occur, as in the collection it is listed as a HOF card, so on some level it is getting classified as part of that set, and yet was included in the Witchwood packs as well?

The way I see it, it must be something like:

1. The developers forgot to remove the cards from the pack draw pool
  2. In order to remove Witchwood cards, they added a new way to Hall of Fame a card.

what I find interesting is that while there are reports of some cards showing up (black cat is the most common that I’ve seen) we aren’t seeing reports of anything that’s been hall of famed in the past (like ‘Ice Lance’ or Ragnaros or anything) so it must be something with the latest update regarding the card pools.

That’s my 2 cents on the issue, anyway.

Not sure if you all saw the announcement:

Full dust refund essentially means pick the card you want.

1 Like