Spinning beach ball with spell effects / buff cards BGs

I have been having issues for the last few weeks with my game freezing on my 27" iMac. It always occurs when loading into a turn with spells / blood gems in hand or while hovering over them and attempting to play them. Issues vary each game, but the most common is just a hang up with the spinning beach ball, and eventually it returns to normal while the timer has ticked down, losing time to play my turn. Sometimes I will still hear game audio and the combat taking place while not seeing anything moving on the screen, and I have to force quit and restart. Very occasionally the screen turns red as well. All of them are found as .gpurestart files in the diagnostic logs. This was only with a previous patch and had been fine prior.

I’m on MacOS Monterey 12.2.1, but may try updating to the most recent 12.5 to see if that helps.

Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac19,1
Processor Name: 8-Core Intel Core i9
Processor Speed: 3.6 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 8
Memory: 16 GB

Howdy!

If the screen is turning red this could be a sign of a GPU crash. I recommend moving forward with the OSX upgrade as it can bring bug fixes and driver updates. If the issue continues given the serious nature of the red screens it would be best to consult with Applecare from here.

I look forward to seeing you back in the action soon!

Hi Zuvykree, I updated the OS, reinstalled the OS from scratch, and had the entire logic board (graphics card included) replaced and it’s still completely unplayable and crashing constantly. The issue occurs most often buffing cards with spells. I’ve tried changing graphics settings, making the window not fullscreen, etc, nothing changes. It has to be an issue with the game being improperly developed for the OS, because I played without issues for the past several weeks on a laptop running MacOS 11.5.2.

1 Like

This is the same issue I am experiencing on two different Mac Pros and now on an iMac and Intel MacBook Pro with AMD graphics. The common feature here is that they all have an AMD GPU. I don’t have any problems on M1 Macs. Each time, console shows a DumpGPURestart. To say that it is an Apple problem on each of these is disingenuous.