Someone please explain this thing my teammate does

ok, so I love working in a team, the problem is, I keep getting these teammates that try to force my hand… like when I see something I wanna play, lets say dragons… my teammate has the same one, and sure I get it they might try to play it too. this is fine at the beginning, but still I try to request it… anyway, we both start with the same one… next turn comes they almost always either send me crap I don’t want like quillboar, or they tell me to tier up… then put a freeze on something my side, say demon, so I question mark it, do you want it. they say no. so now are you trying to tell me you want me to play demon, or quillboar? then i look at their side, and they are starting murlocs… I am very confused… oh, and while they are doing all this other stuff, I can clearly see they are starting to get dragons, so I request them, and they either pass them over, or they take them… and when they take them, and play them in their warband, they put a freeze mark on it… But they were not playing dragons by this time because they just started playing the tribeless cards… I am so very confused… what the heck does this mean?

I always communicate with my partner what I plan on going by putting a checkmark on my minions. This usually gets the message across.

Never go the same tribe as your partner. You gotta change or they have to.

Most people understand what I’m saying when I checkmark my two demons and X my 1 dragon. It means I’m going demons and I don’t want dragons.

I also check or X my partners tavern to show them what I want or don’t want.

If I have an overly aggressive partner who is telling me to tavern up or not tavern up and going heavy on emote, I let them lead and follow their directions. It’s usually because they are a skilled player and I don’t mind handing them the reigns.

Had a Chinese partner that did a lot of that, similar to what you were experiencing. He went dragons told me not to go dragons and wanted me to tier up and go demons. I did. Then at tier 4 he switched his entire board to murlocs, I fed him murlocs and let him lead.
He ended up carrying the entire game for us both and we won

I don’t know how he did it, but I understood he was better than me so I let him lead like he wanted.

it’s just all so confusing… but sometimes, we choose the same tribe, without realizing we did… but what about when they play anything to their own warband, then they put a freeze on it? it is already in their warband… are they asking me to save that particular minion for them if I get one? I understand when they x on a minion in my warband, they want me to dump it. when they check, I assume they want me to keep it… when they ? on a minion in my warband, are they asking me do i want this? and when they freeze one in my warband, are they saying they want it, or are they asking me to follow that tribe?

You must be playing mobile.

There is no freeze emote. It’s a portal emote. You can see it clearly as a portal on PC. On mobile, I think you get confused thinking it’s a freeze.

yup totally thought it was a freeze… so if they portal emote on a minion in their warband, are they saying they want it?

They could mean they want it or they want to give it to you later, it depends on board state.

So if their tribe is dragons and they play a dragon and portal it, it means they want more of it.

If they have demons and play a quilboar and you’re quilboar, it means they accidentally played it and will portal to you or they played it for now but will portal to you later with the spell.

thanks so much for helping

1 Like

It’s not that hard to actually Pay Attention, you can always see your partners board and the choices he makes, and you can primitively communicate, also, in the 1st round of the game you can add eachother to friends list.
So you have the tools, you just dont know how to use them.

i have tried to add as friends… someone told me how before, but it doesn’t seem to work, or i did it wrong… if anyone wants to friend me, to help with this here is my battle tag MadeinCanada#11493