Solar Eclipse interaction issue?

Hello,

I think Solar Eclipse is bugged.

I cast Solar Eclipse, so my next spell this turn should cast twice.
I cast another Solar Eclipse, which was cast twice.
My next spell should then cast 4 times as There wasn’t another trigger of the Solar Eclipse. Or at the very least, my next spell should cast twice, since I cast a Solar Eclipse prior.
However, my next spell casts only once.
I’ve tried with Swipe and Moonfire with the same result each time.

1 Like

No.

Twice does not mean “double” or “an additional time”. It means “exactly two times.”

If you are told to do something “exactly two times”, and then you are again told to do it “exactly two times”, the outcome is … you do it two times.

I wasn’t too sure it would cast 4 times, but yeah you’re right, I should have paid more attention to the wording, was trying to see what it would do.
However, my third spell, after the second Solar Eclipse, is casting only once, which is my issue with the thing. It should cast twice.

1 Like

I had the same issue with Guess the Weight as well, I think for some reason casting Solar Eclipse on Solar Eclipse is canceling each other out. I was also confused by the interaction of Double Solar Eclipse but i think I see now that the 3rd spell should only cast 2 times not 4 times.

I can confirm the same bug still occuring 30 November 2020. Sure, I did it to trigger my opponent, but because my Survival of the fittest didn’t cast twice I lost the game. Guess who’s triggered now?

Seems they cancelled eachother out, Unforseen programming difficulties!

about solar eclipse

isnt studies supposed to apply its "discount your next spell by one mana " twice ?

i got 2 spells but thenext one was only discounted by 1