So where are the free pack for watching the championship?!

“What You Need to Know

• Dates: Friday, August 16 – Sunday, August 18 at 9 am PDT (6 pm CEST)
  • Format: 4-deck, best-of-5 Conquest with a ban
    • Day 1: Group play
    • Day 2: Group play
    • Day 3: Top 8, Single Elimination Bracket
  • Prize Pool: $50,000 (USD)
  • Drops: Earn up to three Perils in Paradise packs while watching on Twitch all weekend (up to one pack per day).“

What I need to know is: how do you get these 3 free packs, because neither Twitch or YouTube is showing drops for watching this event. Has Blizzard become so messed up that they can’t even hand out free packs without there being an issue?

You missed the first (just as i did) because it’s past the date. You need to connect your battle net account to twitch and then play the relevant stream for a few hours. See the “drops” page of twitch that has all the drops of games and instructions.

2 Likes

Thanks for the response.

My Twitch account was already linked to my HS account, and since I had Twitch running the championship on my computer both yesterday and today, I expected to be able to see a progress bar towards earning a pack like have experienced in the past, but that did not happen.

I think the issue for me was a bug. I just opened the Twitch app on my phone and there was a PIP pack ready for me to claim, and now I get the “drops enabled” notice on both my computer and my phone. So it looks like a bug cost me yesterday’s pack—no big deal.

1 Like

It isn’t a bug. If you are running a successful adblocker or route your requests through a vpn to a no advertisement jurisdiction your drops don’t progress.

Thanks, while that’s a plausible explanation, I do not run add blockers or use a vpn, but maybe it was an issue my antivirus software or an old computer that is still running windows 11, or the problem was something else entirely.

Nowhere on the official live stream or on any of the other hearthstone streams did Twitch indicate “drops enabled” until after I tried opening Twitch on my phone. Once I did that, I had instant complete progress and an option to claim a PIP pack, so it must have counted my computer watch time to earn that pack.

sometimes the pack gets delayed a bit

remember the pack gets claimed on the first region you log in

so until you get your pack you should stick to your main region(im telling you this because i claimed it on the wrong region once)

Not sure what you mean. I have enabled literally all the filters of ublock that come with the installation (most of them aren’t enabled by default), and I see no problem.

go to the reward page of your twitch, search for hearthstone and click on claim pack

ht tps://i.ibb.co/XY2ftLd/rewards.png

1 Like

After having posted that I managed to claim yesterday’s pack, its interesting to me that people are still trying to help me figure out how to claim the Twitch packs or trying to explain why I had an issue.

Here’s my timeline for solving this problem.

1). In the afternoon, I opened Twitch on my computer and navigated my way to the live championship stream, but the the usual “DropsEnabled” tab was missing under the streaming window, and when clicking on the drops & rewards tab it did not show any pack reward progress bar. I then went to YouTube to see if that’s where I needed to be to earn a pack, but YouTube also had no “DropsEnabled“ indicator, so I left the Twitch stream open for like four hours to see if a reward got triggered, but that did not happen.

2). I then made an inquiry about the issue in a championship thread:

3). Because no one responded to my inquiry- nor was anyone one else complaining about not be able to get the free packs— it suggested that I might misunderstanding something or I might be experiencing some kind of glitch. I recently got a notice that Microsoft would no longer be supporting my version of Windows, followed by a massive Windows update on Thursday.

4). After starting the Twitch championship stream again on Saturday afternoon, and still not seeing any “DropsEnabled” tabs, no reward progress bar, and no rewards earned notifications after watching the stream for awhile, I then made this thread.

5). Carnivore’s response suggested that I was experiencing some kind personal technical issue, so I tried using the Twitch app on my mobile device, and a pack was already there waiting for me to claim—which I did:

6). I reopened Twitch on my computer and I could see the “DropsEnabled” tab under the championship stream.

7). I used my computer to get today’s pack without any incident.

/thanks for the help!

I find that twitch updates their ad servers too often for the twice max daily update of ublock filters. So you end up seeing ads something like half the time.

There is another extension which proxies the ad requests, but relies on a service with limited capacity (the free public one). If you have it running, they know what those users are doing, but largely leave it alone. When you view the channels with it on your drops don’t progress. If you whitelist the (hearthstone drop) channel it progresses as normal.

Anyway, OP used the twitch app which gives full ads and I guess it worked for him there.

Might be an issue, if you’re not using Firefox. The ublock developer says ublock works best on Firefox (because it gives him more power to block stuff (he has written an article at github about it)).

Everyone should move off chromium based browsers.

1 Like