So the answer was nerf mage.........LOL

Mage gets spit on these days.
There is literally nothing left to nerf.

1 Like

Well…

The point is that you can’t really express anything when you give straightfoward junk and pretend it is a puzzle.

That difference really exists and can be seen with certain ease when they do changes like the last one.

Like…
If there is no puzzle the way you figure It is by stop doing it.

Also it is kinda of their fault for trying to ressurect no minion mage into this game.
Too many slots into an expansion for something that is almost auto build(there are literal less options than pure paladin builds) in a class that is supposed to be a giant puzzle.

Seriously. Even as a mage player i’m can see that this should be on the never print again list.
Not only for the sake of the community but for the sake of mage players too.

If you ask me, and I speak knowing more than a few exclusive, or almost exclusive mage players:
Mage players want spell damage.
Mage players want damage from hand.
Mage players want disruption. (ie: Secrets)
Mages want curve.
Mage players want control by way of spells. (ie: Freeze)

What We have right now? is a messy gumbo of cards that does absolutely nothing well, and wins by sheer luck, if at all.

2 Likes

At this point we don’t even have that.
We quite literally have nothing. Even the RNG deck is bad and yet they’ll obviously buff that deck in particular because mage’s evergreen keywords are “random” and “discover”

God forbid, they buff something actually interesting to play that isn’t random dependent.

1 Like

We haven’t had that since they who must not be named took over.
And the few decks we had in wild from before have all been nerfed.

1 Like

I’d even be ok with the random, if they built a worthwhile pool around it instead of a giant pool which is rarely useful. Something that had a decent chance of actually being good value like the perma dragons nest. I mean I will admit glyph has ultimately won me games with 1 cost reverbs, But it has also lost me the game with three choices of absolute trash both times.
Or the always fun times of wisdom ball casting mirror to an empty board when a fireball would have been lethal. Still trying to figure out how making me overdraw with Arc Intel, or completely missing lethal is “useful”, I guess what they mean by useful is…this one won’t pyro blast you in the face like the other mage “randoms” seem to enjoy.

1 Like

Alright. I’ll play a different class in a different game.

3 Likes

yesss!

Now you’ve got it!

1 Like

A person who doesn’t play mage, and trashes on it more than almost anyone else here should have no advice for others in this dialogue.
Plus, you’re trolling.

3 Likes

Exactly why I said I had no interest in feeding him.

3 Likes

“I like t1 concedes please give me back my t1 concedes cause I dont have any other decks to play” (where I get t1 concedes)

I think most mage players would gladly settle for anything tier 3 or better that plays reliably, and doesn’t get nerfed before even the halfway point of an expansion.
(I know, I’m daydreaming again.)

Guaranteed Mage has something to get to legend with in Wild.

Standard is too boring I wouldn’t know.

Well, Secret is still available. It got nerfed too, so it’s pretty much an auto lose to shadow priest, pirate warrior, or any warrior, really.
Also loses to pirate rogue, and several other rogue decks, and even shaman too, but if you overlook all of those, and just focus on the times that you can win against other decks and classes, then it almost seems like a real deck:)
Well, almost…

Didnt Martian just upload a mage video winning games in top 1k ???

how would I know, and since when is top 1000 reflective of what average players face in Diamond?
Top 1000 is a player good enough to win with pretty much anything, and a terrible way to compare class strengths.
We can’t all be Brian Kibler.
I haven’t played paladin in over 5 years, but i’ll bet I can take the top meta deck and get to diamond 5 with it, in spite of my inexperience.
I have to work far harder with mage, and I have played it daily for ten years.
Team5 treats mage players like garbo.

Hmmm k?

I watch and learn then I do the things and win games 2…

“Look, I imagine someone smarter than me and I do what they would do”

How very…

Except that in real time, things almost never work out the way they did for the experienced player, who knows all of the possible counterplays and variations.
Your word salad is attempting to defend the indefensible.
Mage is not allowed tier 1.
Mage isn’t allowed even tier 3 if it is popular.
Mage currently is #10 in Wild HSR daily.
Mage is #11 in Standard HSR daily.
The defense rests.

2 Likes

Plus, they tend to show more of the highs and insane plays (for vies, of course!) than anything. It’s hard to gather reliable data from outliers.

A bit how the “guy on the street” vids tend to filter out the normal people, and film mostly the ones who can’t answer 2+2 for clickbait.

1 Like

Exactly. Watching someone like Brian Kibler own with some meme mage deck is hardly indicative of the State of Mage.
Brian can win with practically anything. I’ve seen him do it:)

2 Likes