Snowfall guardian unfreezes frozen minions

Hi, this is a bug that has cost me multiple games already. I freeze a bunch of enemy minions i.e. with my dawngrasp card and they play Snowfall guardian on their next turn. That freezes all my minions and UNFREEZES their minions. this sucks, please fix.

Freezing a Frozen minion doesn’t extend the length of the Freeze.

A minion is Frozen until they miss their next attack. Similar to how a Divine Shield minion has Divine Shield until they receive damage. Freezing an already Frozen minion doesn’t change the Freeze mechanic, similarly to how giving a minion Divine Shield that already has Divine Shield does nothing.

You froze the enemy minions on your turn, which means they’re Frozen until they miss an attack opportunity, which is typically at the end of their turn.

Snowfall Guardian didn’t ‘unfreeze’ your opponent’s minions, their End of Turn phase did.

No bug here.

2 Likes

As far as I could tell the minions were unfrozen on the opponents turn when the snowfall guardian was played. So in other words, they should still have been frozen till the end of the opponents turn, but them playing guardian “unfroze” their minions and they could attack that same turn.

You’ll need to post a hsreplay or video of this.

Whilst I realize it’s intended and what-not, I, for one, never understood that reasoning. If it’s frozen, it misses the next attack, but another effect to freeze again after should mean it’s frozen for the next attack after as well. One example I can think to use is when Snowfall Guardian comes in to play during the shaman’s turn - if they opt to not attack with a minion that turn, then play Snowfall, that was a choice to not attack, and the freeze should be applied next turn; another scenario I can think of, which is similar to what’s reported here, is if the opponent froze a shaman minion, then the shaman player dropped Snowfall next turn, that same minion should miss the next attack since it was essentially refrozen. As I say, I realize it’s intended the way it’s currently working, but am of the opinion it’s weird, to say the least.

Oh, lookie there, my 100th post! :partying_face:

This is the Bug Report forum, not a suggestions forum.

You’ll forgive me, I was browsing some unread stuff, came across this particular topic, saw your reply, and simply opted to chip in to the discussion with my own opinion - nothing against that in the guidelines! :wink:

The Bug Report forum isn’t for discussions, there are other forums for that.

Nothing suggests that at all.

The name of the forum does. And the fact that there are other forums specifically for discussions also insinuates this.

Just for the record, on the main forum page, with all the different sub-forums, the Bug Report description states “Something not working right in Hearthstone? Let us know here!” Furthermore, in the Bug Report Forum Guidelines, it simply states the following:

Welcome to the Hearthstone Bug Report Forums!

Our Blizzard Quality Assurance team will be routinely monitoring the bug forum and collecting reports for our development team. While not every post will see a direct response, please know that your post is read and investigated.

1. Forum Rules

Be kind to each other. Each player that comes to this forum is either looking for help, or making a goodwill effort to help improve the game. Please post respectfully as ALL posts and replies are subject to the Blizzard Code of Conduct

2. Reporting Bugs

If you encounter any in-game issues, please feel free to create a new topic with a description of the issue.

Please provide as much detail as possible as it will help us reproduce the bug on our end. Here are some examples:

• Name of the relevant cards that were on the board and hand.
  • Screenshots**
  • Videos and replays**
  • Platform and OS version (PC, Mac, Android Phone/Tablet, iOS)

** You can share url links using either the Blockquotes or the Preformatted text option.

3. Other Issues
For account related issues:

• You can contact our Customer Support team here:
    https://www.battle.net/support/en/help/product/hearthstone

For reporting exploits, cheats, and bots:

• You can submit a report in the link below:
    https://us.blizzard.com/en-us/submit/hacks.html
  • Alternatively, you may send an email to Hacks@blizzard.com with a description with any evidence you have.

Thank you for helping us improve Hearthstone!

Nothing suggests a discussion can’t be had within a particular topic. Now, I would happily give you credit if I had created a separate topic entirely in the Bug Report to discuss this or give a suggestion - then I would agree with your sentiment - but that’s not what I did. On that note, though, we have both gotten a little off-topic as, instead of discussing the actual bug at hand, we’re debating whether or not a discussion could be had. As to the actual bug, I imagine reproducing it should be fairly easy without need of a replay/video since it would seem it might be a simple case of something being played to freeze shaman minions (perhaps specifically Dawngrasp, or maybe it would happen so long as something is frozen), then a Snowfall following that - I’ll even follow-up should such a scenario happen to me! :slight_smile:

One could also say that there’s nothing in the guidelines that mention having discussions. :wink:

Well, I’ll just leave this definition - comes from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_forum - from a quick search I did of “What is a forum?” for ya to ponder on:

An Internet forum, or message board, is an online discussion site where people can hold conversations in the form of posted messages. They differ from chat rooms in that messages are often longer than one line of text, and are at least temporarily archived.

With that, I’m going to jump in-game and see if I can do some testing and replicate this bug at all. Scram, is there any specific hero portrait you used as mage, or any plays you can recall of being made prior to this incident that happened? Did you use a deck of your own making, or something you found? Any detail, no matter how small, that you can think of would help - will set to testing with some random stuff, but will check back periodically to see if you’ve added anything! :wink:

Finally managed to come across someone playing shaman (only one so far), and had the following match: https://hsreplay.net/replay/ThQzsUgMunCsWs5en9TyAi. I just barely survived long enough to get Varden Dawngrasp (purposefully mulliganed for and got fortunate) - I presume Scram was referring to the minion card, since it has a direct freeze ability, but please correct me if I’m wrong - and, thankfully, they just drew Snowfall the turn before; or, perhaps, had one already and simply made it look as though they just drew it in time! Either way, unfortunately, the minions my shaman opponent had up remained frozen when Snowfall came down. Will continue testing as best I can, and periodically checking back here to see if Scram can offer any additional clues as to what may have caused this interaction (if it did occur). :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wow, thank you for the effort. Yea, that was the exact scenario, I referred to Varden. I could swear this has happened to me multiple times already. Alas, no evidence, no gain :wink: