Small help for a new player

Hello, i would like to play this game and have fun, enjoy it. But i really don’t understand how to build a deck, which card should i use , which one not and etc. I’m a new player, i know the basic of this game, opend some packs (that got for free and etc).
So i want to have some suggestion about that or maybe here is someone who can help me to build a deck from cards that i have right now. And suggest me a class.
Because when i play against people with much more stronger decks than mine i can not do anything to them at all, and it all looks like thet just bullied me and of course it’s not motivate me to play any longer.
Thank you in advance.

Okay. Welcome! First off, if you want anymore advanced help, feel free to friend me on BNet at Cyclick#11939. I’d love to help you out.

Anyways, first, it’s worth getting into a class you like, and getting all their basic cards. Once then, you should tinker around with some decks you made yourself just to find what class you enjoy playing, there’s something for everyone.

First off, assess your Legendaries and how much money you want to spend, this is a crucial part of the game. I suggest using your gold to buy 10 of each pack from each expansion, this gaurantees you a legendary from each set.

it’ll take up to your first 10 to get a legendary, for example you may only need to open up 6 packs from SoU to get a legendary, some others it could be 2, or 7, or, at most 10.

Run through all the sets for a free legend in each then go from there.

Continue to play daily Quests and get packs to get better cards. Play ranked as you’ll only eventually benefit from it.

One of the best way to learn is to keep asking questions.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/hearthstone/t/player-guide-work-in-progress/

See 4. Deck Building

1 Like

Okay, i will check it. Thank you ^^

This can be tricky, especially when you are missing cards in your collection and have to look for substitutions. You want some idea of what role each card you put in your deck does. It could be as simple as being a 3-cost minion to fill out your “mana curve” - the distribution of cards across the different mana costs.

Example of mana curve which you can see by hovering over the deck image: https://imgur.com/gA426YH

This is a fairly detailed guide on the process of what to consider when building a deck:

Now, there’s the concern of having a small collection, and maybe you want to dust some cards, to craft some key cards for a deck. But how to know what is “good” or not? There is no definitive answer for each card, but some will be useful for whatever deck you play in that class, while others are more specific and harder to get good use out of them. I’ve seen players who have no idea which cards are good, disenchant their whole collection for 1 deck, disenchanting staples for a class that they are going to have to get back later.

I have a work-in-progress that lists out what are the “good” cards, so you have a better idea of what to work with.

And if a card is not listed doesn’t mean you can’t use it - it might just be a card that’s nothing really special.

1 Like

I am a free to play player and after so many years of playing, I am still missing some crucial cards of almost every expansion.

I definitely understand how it can make the game just that bit less enjoyable every 3 months when they release new expansion of 150+ new cards for you to play catch up to try and obtain, especially since you said you feel the other players are bullying you with their massive collection of powerful cards.

So how do you counter this issue of shallow collection? I believe you have 2 options:

1. Spend about $70 (every 3 months) and you should be fine. Otherwise,

2. Be a free player. Grind at least 2 hours a day in the most gold-efficient way (read up the guides), ignore wild, keep collecting gold, never dust cards (lest they get nerfed), and you should be a good player in standard in less than a year (but just don’t even think of trying wild until about 3 years into the game maybe).

I am F2P and had been playing for some years too.
I suspect your problem may stem from resource management (gold/dust).

You might have made some mistakes along the way that leads to a shallow collection, thus the best way is to identify where you are losing/wasting resources.

Once you identify the root cause, then you can make remedies to build a collection that suits your prefered play.

While not very confident, I can still say that within 3-4 months, you should have a good collection for STD mode. (maybe Wild too)

(add: you may also want to post your problem in multiplayer/community forum, that get better visibility to other forum members.)

3-4 months for a new f2p player to ENJOY wild? You probably need to spend 8 hours a day to get that kind of collection in wild