Since xpac drop, is there a deck you absolutely hate?

And why is it Mech Paladin?

T1 click clocker or annoy
T2 amalgam for the first discovery
T3 gorrilla bot for second discovery
T4 - T8 > hope your mechs stick, slap a bubblebot on em
T5 → Ini or Mothership which

If you arent dead yet, prepare for the discovered Sneeds!

Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk.

4 Likes

Any mech dechs, boring, endless card generation

1 Like

It wouldn’t be so bad if Divine Shield wasn’t so strong to be honest. I don’t care about discovering mechs upon discovering mechs to keep a deck going. It sort of makes sense in that mechs are a constant machine.

But the weight of divine shield for mana cost is way too low.

Let’s be honest, Mech Paladin would be a fun deck to play against and no one would complain if it weren’t for Bubblebot. Bubblebot is so strong because the mana cost for a Divine Shield is weighted so low.

For essentially 1 mana you are giving all your other minions taunt and divine shield. It’s ridiculous. If a 4 mana 4/4 gave all your minions taunt and +2+2 it would be considered busted, and yet divine shield is BETTER than that stat line.

And, despite that, it’s still not a top deck because other stuff is more powerful. It just goes to show the power level of stuff.

8 Likes

Divine Shield also sucks because minion removal is so heavily skewed towards (one-time) damage this rotation. If we had more cards to take out minions without dealing with the DS, its power would go down.

But anyway, I hate curselocks. I just can’t stand that idiotic mechanic.

4 Likes

Mech pala, overstated annoying buggers and there is just no end to them.

2 Likes

Smothering Starfish would like to have a word with you. Every deck can run it. Just a heads up. It’s a hard counter to Bubble Bot.

1 Like

so people need to run more that 1 of those to counter a divine shield play 1 turn and the buffed minions from hero power/cards along with vipers.

waste 1-4 slots just to tech vs 1 class

1 Like

My argument was never that Mech Paladin can’t be countered and countered easily. You’re arguing against a point that I never made, thus a Strawman Fallacy.

My argument is that Divine Shield is weighted very low mana wise, and thus, things that give Divine Shield should be weighted appropriately via mana.

1 Divine shield has nearly always been weighted equally with half a stat + taunt. Evidence in this is that a 1 mana 1/1 minion with divine shield is weighted equally with a 1 mana 2/1 minion with taunt or 1 mana 1/2 with taunt. We can see with these minions how much value they give divine shield. 1 health or 1 attack + taunt.

With Bubblebot, it’s 4 mana 4/4. This means that if gives 1 minion Divine shield + taunt, it’s already vanilla with 4 mana. As soon as it gives more than 1 minion that, it becomes an extra +1 mana value. Thus, dropping this on a 6 mech board would yield you +5 mana value (or making this 4 cost card equal in value to a 9 cost card).

This is taking into account that we should weight Divine Shield as a half mana value or equal to 1 health + taunt or 1 attack + taunt. It’s clearly BETTER than that value. Divine shield is weighted too low and Bubblebot abuses that low value. So, Bubblebot is equivalent to “give your minions +2/+1” mana wise if we agree that Divine shield = taunt +1 attack/health. It’s obviously better than that, so Bubblebot feels more like "give your minions +2/+2 in terms of power, and a card that actually read that at 4 mana would be considered busted.

This is why Bubblebot feels so strong and is a common card in the package that people complain about.

I know the title is not meant to be taken seriously, but i’ll give it a go.

This expansion I’ve really disliked quest hunter, boar priest, and switcheroo priest. That’s not bad. On the other hand, there haven’t been any decks that I’ve loved. All in all it’s been a middle of the road expansion for me.

I miss the Mindcontrol Tech,Blood knight and Platebreaker days

(3)MC tech: Battlecry: If your opponent has 4 or more minions, take control of one at random.

(3)Blood Knight: Battlecry: All minions lose Divine Shield. Gain +3/+3 for each Shield lost.

(5)Platebreaker Battlecry: Destroy your opponent’s Armor.

2 Likes

I also miss MCT + Brann.

still half of their minions orso got divine shield of their own allready not to mention they can jsut generate more bubblebots

1 Like

Hate pretty much all the decks in the meta.
Demon hunter, hope im not at 10 health turn 5.
Warlock. Hope he doesnt run curs…oh, he does.
Mech decks. Look at this turn 4 board that will keep snowballing.
Hunter. Free king krush. Fun.
Boar priest. Oh, he drew the deck turn 6. Fun.
Wig priest. Thougt we were done with inner fire and librams?
Rogue. Van cleef is still a dumb card. Smite is even dumber.

It goes on and on. Opponents just need to play their snowbally or uninteractive stuff and you can only hope to do your thing first.

2 Likes

Yep, the game has become a race to the unbeatable combo first.

I just face dmech mage who after 2 discovered gaias, his own gaia. And a discovered sneed he closed the client and ropes out in presumed disgust