Should I stop playing hearthstone in august until the new set is released

With the change to no dupes I currently have all rares in standard. It seems it would be better for me to stop playing hearthstone for august 1-6. Then I will get my 7 rares for my end of season rewards from the new set instead of getting dupes if I collect the rewards on august 1. I will be out 4 days of quest but I think 7 rares is better.

What do you guys think?

Are you sure that’s how it works? Because if it doesn’t, you just wasted 7 days worth of dailies for nothing.

You only lose 4 days of quests which isn’t that bad, 240g for the chance to get 7 rares and maybe 5 packs from the new set. I think it’s worth it. Also the new set is more likely to have cards that get nerfed so even if you would end up getting all the rares with your normal pack opening , scholomance rares should be slightly more value to have dupes of

You could zerg rush your way to a higher rank and seal your spot in a high rank before the new set drops. That way, if you have trouble adjusting to the new meta, you won’t be too punished by it. :man_shrugging:

If you think it’s worth it, go ahead. I’m still unsure that you’ll get Scholomance packs, but I guess we’ll find out.

isnt rares decided when you open the chest?

Apparently on Asia server people are getting scholomance packs as their end of season reward so the only benefit to this is 7 scholomance rares. So probably only worth doing if you aren’t already opening enough packs to get all the rares without this bonus

I just got two scholomance packs from my end of season rewards.

It was apparently an unintended consequence of the Scholomance pre-patch, according to this post.