Should I buy the entire new set with 2,000g?

I have 20 packs saved waiting for the mini set. So which way is cheaper to acquire the entire set?

• Forget those 20 save packs, and just buy the set with 2,000g.
  • Open 20 packs, and continue buying packs until I have the entire 35 new cards.
2 Likes

It’s way more worth it to just spend the 2,000 gold instead of relying on the 20 packs to get them all.

I wouldn’t spend gold on more packs since you’re not likely to get the 4 new legendaries that way, especially if you’re still missing cards from the base set.

4 Likes

If you have the gold the cheapest, most effective way would be to buy the whole set with gold. If you’re completing your daily and weekly quests consistently you’ll earn back the 2000 gold before the end of february

1 Like

I just opened up my 22 saved packs. Too hard to find 4 legendary in packs

2 Likes

Definitely buy the set. Only afterwards should you open your packs. You’ll get rares and epics you don’t already have. If you do it the other way around you may pull cards from the mini-set, at which point getting them with the 2,000gp is just a bad dust return.

2 Likes

I also opened up all the packs I had been saving. I plan to not open any more Darkmoon packs until I have bought the 2000 gold bundle so that I will get the bundle legendaries and epics separately from any that I might find in packs.

1 Like

I just opened all the packs I was saving since I can buy the whole set with gold or cash and it was totally worth it, got me lothraxion and a bunch of epics I was missing from the set. Now I’m only missing greybough and the rogue legends to have at least one copy of every card from the set

You get 4 Legendary cards, which 2 of them already look playable at the very least, for 2,000 gold. One Legendary alone averages 20 packs.

I think the answer is pretty clear.

With 4 Legendaries, you should expect to need to open 80 packs to get everything (disregarding dusted duplicates). Also remember that these cards get added to DMF, so unless you have everything from that set already you’ll need to add the missing cards from that expansion to your calculations.

I’m going to wait to open my 20 saved up dmf packs until after i purchase the miniset. That way if any nerfs happen to the cards from the miniset set i might get some duplicates to turn them into free dust!

2 Likes

The real question is… If all four legendaries and the epics were bad then would you still spend 2000 gold on the set if you already are assuming you could have the complete common and rare collection.

Yes you could dust all of the legendaries for a choice legendary, but you wouldn’t get on average 4 epics from a set and in some sets almost every epic is good.

In my predicament I can’t make use of these legendaries, but I don’t think they are bad, I just don’t really have the support cards. So I’ll probably hold onto them while they collect dust for some future possibility. If there wasn’t the epic death-rattle tech card in there also, I might have reconsidered.

1 Like

I am in the same predicament. I have 20 packs saved, I have gold, and I have dust. But, I am f2p, and 2000 gold is that much less for next expansion…however, 2000g for what it gets you, is pretty good.

There are 4 legendaries, 2-3 which seem decent, one epic, which is a tech card and only probably need one in a deck, and the rest are rares and commons…my thought is to open the packs and see what I get once mini set hits, and craft what I want after that…

I’m buying the bundle with gold for sure.

Is the gold thing even 100% confirmed?

Yes. Blizzard did a big reveal today. Check their twitter for playhearthstone.

Don’t have twitter thank you. Glad the ru or was true, an is a great deal.

Best option is buying or spending the 2k gold if you have the means to do so, to get the 35 cards and the 4 legos "assuming you have the complete set of current exp: it will probably take abt additional 80packs. I opened 23 saved packs to 1 lego, some epics I still miss and almost 800dust so the 1st option is def the best bet.

Well it depends, getting 4 legendaries and 2x 1 epic that you know may not fit your deck or playstyles might be worse than 4x random epic + 1x random legendary.

Like lets say I have moonfang, but I don’t have any copies of guardian animal and I don’t enjoy buff style decks, then he is just going to sit in my collection and I would barely dust him because he might be useful in the future…

But then lets say I pull 20 scholomance packs, I get devolving missiles, Krolusk Barkstripper, devolving missiles and lets say devout pupil and soulciologist malicia for example.

It would be very close between the two to know what helps me more. Though I am going to buy the miniset, it is a tough choice. To take a package that you know won’t help you a great deal or to roll the dice. The gamble you take is that you may pull a legendary you actually want, in that instance it is significantly better.

The only reason I can see for purchasing this mini set is for dusting purposes! There might be one or two cards in the set that would go well with an existing deck but those cards can be crafted individually.

Mathemathically is quite unlike u are going to get all epics and legendaries of the miniset on 20 packs.

U could open the packs later to get more chances of boosting the other cards from the current set.