Shadowcrafter Scabbs needs a major nerf to it's Battlecry

You win a cookie! Still a way off to most classes don’t have an aoe:)

All classes have access to that Lake Thresher. In a sense, every class has AoE. :wink: Druid often heavily relies on tutoring it with Guardian Animals.

True! No cookie for you then!

I feel like it either brakes the game at some point or the cards they print for DH will have to be beyond garbage. It’s terrifying

I dunno. I only recall dying to the DH hero once or twice. I don’t think DH in general is very popular anyway.

Edit: Looking at its stats, maybe you’re right. It has a high mulligan win-rate but its drawn win-rate is about 60% in diamond 4-1. That’s higher than most cards considered OP (i.e. Mr. Smite).

Because they gave them boring archetypes all year. Same with Warrior really

I believe Token DH could’ve been really fun. It just isn’t to the point of viability, in my opinion. All other DH archetypes are better.

Nah. Make Aggro DH great again!

Don’t think I’m gonna get many likes for that hot take.

It’s on HSREPLAY, but its winrate pales in comparison to more efficient face decks. I wasn’t around for the DH release, so this current iteration is all I know. And it’s :poop:.

Lol. Imagine the hate for Pirate Warrior, but amp it up by at least x 10.

I loved it because me no brain

Scabbs is insane on 7 mana. But I am not sure 8 mana would be enough. But if they also nerf Cloak and Gnoll it might be.

It negates any board and creates one for rogue with stealth + the hero power makes it that some cheap cards can immediately be played and rogue effectively has +2 mana every turn more so higher burst from hand.

Quite insane card with all of this combined.

Meanwhile, take a look at Rokara. Two swings with a 5/2 weapon and the potential to honorable kill for four armor. It needs to be revamped in such a way that it isn’t useful universally (to deter it being added to Quest Warrior) but in a way wherein it can be used in something like Big Warrior.

Token DH is actually fairly strong, the problem is that it needs constant interaction with the opponents board., and there´s just too many decks that lack this unfortunately.
Edit 2: https://replays.firestoneapp.com/?reviewId=d49622d2-0ba0-4093-a3e3-0116890472a8&source=game-summary just an example of how it plays vs the almighty tempo Rogue.

Also i really want Nethrandamus back in Standard next year.

Edit: on the Issue of Scabbs. I kinda want to hall of fame it, it´s just such an easy get out of jail free card for Rogue atm. No need to think about it, just drop it and enjoy your massive tempo advantage. Don´t think nerfing it to 8 would change much, unless they also take away the 4/2s and make it a pure vanish.

plot twist : when vanish was on standard at the end of kotft, it was seldom used in rogue deck and was considered a bad board clear because opponent could just drop his lich king /silverhandrecruit/ moshog again and reset the situation.

The cost of vanish was too heavy, rogue couldn’t do anything else but send everything to hand , and hadn’t enough mana to spare to build a board.

What make Scabb so good really is the two 4/2 body that its leave behind, forcing the opponent to waste half his mana to get ride of it or take 8 more dmg. Vanish is a bad board clear, twisting nether and brawl are way better because they destroy the board and give a net value .

2 Likes

I want Nethrandamus back and that Naga that deals 3 damage to enemies for every friendly minion that dies.

1 Like

yea, and they really have to give us those back if they want to keep token DH a thing, as soo many great cards are rotating out.
Really hope they have some kind of cohesive plan and don´t do the mage thing here with printing half a decent set for an archetype and then never supporting it again.

1 Like

hunter doesn’t have AoE nor healing, so it is screwed every time you play it as a “non face” deck :joy:

1 Like

That is, unless you are running secrets and Tavish. That can become a 5 damage AoE. This makes me wonder, would Lake Thresher be a good pick to add onto Beast Hunter. I can see it being very useful.

Dear Blizzard,

Please nerf Rock. Too overpowered.

Sincerely,
Scissors

P.S. Paper is fine.

3 Likes

Without rush, it becomes useful only when summoned with guardian animals

1 Like