Screen resolution change doesn't work

PC, desktop, windowed mode, Windows 11.

Going into options and selecting any resolution results in the game window flashing to the new resolution, then immediately changing back to what it was before.

Note that you can manually resize the window using the windows-OS resize feature at the edge of the window, and this stays. The one from the options menu does the same thing after resizing this way too.

6 Likes

Confirming. I usually play BGs on a low resolution to reduce lag and I can no longer change it. Yes I play on a toaster. Let me put it back on toaster mode, thank you.

Same. Do they have any competent devs there? (That was rhetorical, of course they don’t )

1 Like

I can’t change the resolution

1 Like

Can confirm that this seems to be bugged. However, not only in windowed mode but also fullscreen.
The resolution change just doesn’t do anything which is annoying. Especially, because I am on a laptop (4k) and only have 4k screen in addition to it. This means I can’t play a game in a different resolution than 4k, but then the animations are just killing it.
Could you fix it so we can decide what resolution the game should be running on? (I and don’t even mean the custom resolutions, but nothing from the list can be truly applied)

2 Likes

same issue, just started for me today. hopefully this gets resolved soon.

Same issue on mac, minus the screen flashing

Same here
Can’t change resolution. Tried reset in-game options.

Same thing here. The last 2-3 days i cannot change resolution in the game, also my resolution does NOT appear in the game settings box for the resolutions available. I used to play in 1280x1024 (my system’s resolution also) and it DOES NOT appear in the list of the resolutions in game settings… GG blizzard! Thanks a lot! I play bgs without seeing my lobby! Very good!

Having same issue on Mac as well. Can’t play BGs atm because it lags. Please change it back blizzard because this is literally unplayable…

Is this game still being developed? I still have this issue.

Same here on Imac.
Resolution 4,5 K and i can’t change it ^^

I can report the same issue. Hope this gets fixed quickly.

Have the same issue. Can’t believe Blizzard still didn’t fix this for three weeks.

2 Likes

I have this same bug. Resolution is locked to desktop’s resolution. Windowed/fullscreen; doesn’t matter.

Can’t change resolution.

Was working fine for months before.

1 Like

Guess they bring the work culture of Microsofx to Blizzard since acquired. Sadge

I also had the same issue. I normally play in 1920x1080 on a 2160x1440 monitor; I accidentally dragged the window while trying to play a card; normally I can set the resolution back to 1920x1080, but it is not working now (for any preset resolution). I can resize the window by dragging the edges as normal. After closing and relaunching the game I still cannot select a preset resolution.

Hii i don’t know if there is a bug but, I can’t seem to change my resolution to 2560x1080 the only highest option of resolution is 1980x1080 please help me to solve this :sweat_smile: