Roping should be considered BM and as such players should be banned for consistently doing so

There are people that ropes emote spammers, i don’t see how that can be bad, they are giving them time to emote a little bit more (?

“We’ve decided to implement a feature that allows people to ban others for roping, because here at Blizzard, you aren’t allowed to think, or have a poor internet connection.”

4 Likes

That’s extreme, and you know it. Sitting and doing nothing is roping. Thinking or making plays while expending 90 seconds is not roping.

Justice is for the righteous. We cannot judge ourselves to be righteous. It is only by the opinion of others that we can even measure ourselves. Because justice uses right and wrong as truth, we must all be wrong until everyone else universally agrees that we are right…

Therefore we must all be banned or we just let people be people until they try to take away something that actually matters… If our time were that valuable we wouldn’t be playing a game in the first place.

I think I hurt my brain.

1 Like

My brain melted reading this. We have a turn timer for a reason. It is often in your best interest to use your whole turn.

6 Likes

I hate ropers as much as anyone but I’m hardly ready to condone banning for it. Dude, you can take a forty minute dump while scrolling through facebook. You can turn on Netflix and rope them back. That’s what I do.

I WOULD, however, wholeheartedly applaud blizz for implementing more useable forms of Nozdormu. God, I love that card so much.

5 Likes

The best advice I can give to people getting roped is to not let it bother you. Don’t emote, don’t hover over cards, don’t rope back, just act like it doesn’t bother you at all and 9 times out of 10 they will stop roping because they can tell it’s a waste of time.

They are looking for a reaction, it gets them off. Don’t give them the satisfaction!

9 Likes

Sometimes there are way more important things to do than to finish the turn fast.

Like - important call, door bell, urge to pee, make a coffee, watch some funny commercial, stare at the wall, pick your nose etc. etc.

2 Likes

thinking = nothing, apparently.

How do you tell the difference between somebody roping and somebody thinking?

5 Likes

Whichever annoys him the most at that moment will get the ban hammer!

8 Likes

Secret Mage vs Warlock scenario real life

Turn 2 - play Arcanologist. 0 mana. Sits there for 70 more seconds. Drools. Rope burns.

Turn 3. - play 3 mana 4/3, plays free secret, 0 mana. Sits there for 70 more seconds. Drools. Rope burns.

Turn 4. - plays mad scientist and Medivh Valet. 0 mana. Sits there for 70 more seconds. Drools. Rope burns.

Turn 5. - plays cloud prince. 0 mana. Sits there for 70 more seconds. Drools. Rope burns.

You have to be retarded to not see that each play was a deliberate rope play.

3 Likes

Well… Bundesliga is on so maybe he was watching a football. Understandable

Would it be better if they play the same short plays just before the timer went out?

Sounds extremely jaded.

You can think about future plays, too.

You have yet to say that, while yes, that is blatant roping, how would you be able to tell the difference between that or someone who is thinking or has a bad internet connection.

You can’t.

3 Likes

All you have to do is watch one of Trump’s videos to see how dumb this is. Trump regularly uses all of his time debating on the correct action to take before doing everything, many times just before the rope completely burns out.

1 Like

Trump learned it the hard way From Lifecoach:

1 Like

What’s BM is asking for players who are following the rules to be banned because you have the attention span of a gnat.

7 Likes

There is no possible way to enforce what you want. How do you know when player is BMing? How do you know when they are planning future turns?

The solution is much more simple. It is the first turns that are easy to do and that is how they should approach it.

Turn 1: 15 seconds
Turn 2: 20 seconds
Turn 3: 30 seconds
All future turns: 75 seconds.

This would speed up game alot.

1 Like

Bad idea.

This reveals to your opponent that you’re out of options, which can tell them about what you might have in your hand.

4 Likes

Wah wah wah. I’m being internet bullied by someone who takes the full amount of time they’re given for a turn. Wah wah wah.

1 Like