Roger (a known cheater) is going to the World Championship

“Shaxy” replied that he saw it was discarded via Tracking. When “Roger” asked how he knew, “Shaxy” wasn’t shy, stating he saw it through the dynamic vision tool the Hearthstone broadcast team uses to show the opposing hand for the viewers watching on the stream.

This is from an article explaining the incident, clearly Roger was not the “main” reason that the team cheated. Shaxy was the player who stream sniped, maybe you should all get your facts straight before claiming Roger should be permanently banned.

2 Likes

You’re a fool, nothing else needs to be said. Have a good life and continue to grow as a human being, you still got a long ways to go “new gen” :wink:

Cheers o/

I am a fool that looks into the facts (:

1 Like

Its 100% blizzards fault anyway. They should set up tournaments in such a way that this is not possible.
Roger got caught,wel not roger himself as it seems he was not even aware of his team mates doing this. I kinda believe he is innocent himself.
But eveyone could have done this like wtf? All players could have cheated and not get caught.
So ya,100% blizz fault for setting up tournament in such way that its possible to cheat. And its very easy to cheat and not get caught,just run the stream but do not talk about it.

2 Likes

Update: Roger and teammate banned from Grandmasters

Can’t include links in post but it’s in the gaming news.

See post here: Regarding competitive integrity in Hearthstone esports

(FYI, you generally are allowed to link to other forum threads, even if you can’t link to outside sites)

Well now, this changes everything. I was aware of the HGG “incident”, but not the fact he was involved in win trading earlier in they year as well - formerly disqualification from HCT events for the year.

They talk about “maintaining the integrity” of HS e-sports, yet allow someone who has not just once, but twice, broken the rules to compete for the major prize? That alone compromises the integrity of HS e-sports. If a repeat offender is allowed to compete in the finals, the integrity is already gone.

Your, Blizzards, failure to properly enforce your rules does not negate the fact that you are allowing a 2 times cheater to compete in the HCT finals. He has NOT earned his slot, HE CHEATED TWICE IN A YEAR! That alone dictates he should be disqualified from participating with his slot to be filled by the next in line.

Your failure is irrelevant, Rogers actions are all that should be considered and allowing him to compete jeopardises the integrity you want to maintain for HS e-sports, period. Repeat offenders have no right to be participating in the finals.

4 Likes

He got a pretty hefty punishment for what happened. Considering he was not aware that Shaxy was stream snipping after the teams audio was reviewed.

The win trading was probably more what he got punished for. There was some miscommunication but I feel like it should be pretty well known that win trading is not allowed.

Considering his actions he should get a less harsh punishment for the team incident. While the win trading should get him banned from Grandmasters for a year.

They may have taking a while to take action but I don’t think everything was exactly black and white.

1 Like

But not for the (previously) insta-DQ wintrading incident earlier in the year.

He has no right being on the big stage, he hasnt earned it and if he wins I hope he gots booed of stage and has rotten tomatoes thrown at him.

You have not addressed the FIRST incident, only the last one. The first one, win trading, in previous years was instant DQ from ALL HCT events that year, yet hes been involved in 2 incidents of cheating in a single year, and is still allowed to compete???

BS! He has no right being in the finals! I’m all for second chances, but hes already had 2 this year alone. The act of allowing him to compete does nothing positive for the integrity of HS e-sports, it makes them a joke.

The year he needs to be banned from competing in is THIS ONE! Not just the minor slap on the wrist of no Grandmasters NEXT year! How you can defend a double cheater maintaining his position on the big stage is absolutely beyond me, he DOES NOT DESERVE TO BE THERE!

1 Like

I’m not defending him, if you look into the incidents there’s not really much there and the Taiwanese community seems to think he wasn’t a cheater. I also just think everyone is overreacting saying it makes HS e-sports a joke.

What would make them a joke would be disqualifying him now because his teammate cheated and he win traded 2 games as a joke.

He got his punishment and i’m happy.

1 Like

Do you honestly expect me to believe that from someone, who under Blizzards own admission, was caught cheating 6 months earlier?

Sorry, no. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

You claim Roger was"unaware" of the stream sniping incident, something I would have considered plausible UNTIL I was recently made aware of hes antics in April. He was well aware of what was happening in the HGG match, his (and his teams) credibility claiming otherwise is not convincing with this new evidence of prior “incidents” of cheating.

Doesn’t matter what the Taiwanese community thinks, he has been involved in two incidents of cheating in a year and is still allowed to compete in the grand finale. That is wrong! He should have been DQ’d from this years HCT in April LAST YEAR!

No, he didnt get any relevant punishment. given his actions. He does not deserve to be going to the finals and its unprecedented for someone to cheat once, let alone twice, within a year and still be allowed to compete on the big stage. Hence the “integrity” of HS e-sports already being compromised simply by allowing him to compete.

Your morals are way off on this, but they are yours.

Dude. Translate the teams audio and it is quite clear that Shaxy stream sniped while Roger was on camera playing his deck. Shaxy tells him that he doesn’t need to play around MCT and Roger asks him how he knows that.

1 Like

Guilty by association. The TEAM was caught cheating, fact! He got off with a slap on the wrist, despite the FACT he was, by Blizzards own admission, caught cheating in April… HE SHOULDNT HAVE BEEN AT HGG TO START WITH!!!

When other sports have had cheaters they never disqualify them from the finals of anything. They are usually fined and suspended in the regular season. So if your comparing this to other sports saying that Hearthstone is not as harsh on players you are actually kind of wrong.

When the New England Patriots got caught video taping other teams practices, did they not allow them to enter the super bowl?

1 Like

Im not a yank.

If you honestly believe he was unaware, given the new evidence of win trading earlier in the year, then you are dense. The entire team has absolutely no credibility, Roger more so as he is a REPEAT offender.

Give me just one good reason I should trust the audio, just one, once this new evidence is accounted for. Roger should be DQ’d from the finals as its his second violation within a year.

Idk I guess I just don’t see how win trading on stream 2 games as a joke and his teamate telling him to not play around MCT is that bad. He got a punishment man…

He literally got their team caught by asking Shaxy how he knew… Otherwise they wouldn’t have even known…

And was found guilty as a member of said team, correct?

What part of this is it so hard for you to understand, TWICE IN A YEAR he has been involved in cheating, yet is still allowed to compete in the finals?

BS. He has no place there, he lost that right in April!

Like someone said before, the fact that the tournament was set up in a way they could stream snipe means any team could have done it. The reason they found out was becasue Roger asked Shaxy how he knew and Shaxy told him he saw it on stream.

This is on Blizzard for setting up the tournament in a way that allowed this to happen. Any of the teams could have done this, the reason I believe he was unaware is because, if he did know, he wouldn’t have asked a question that would get his team caught.

The other incident which he is getting punished for was on his stream, he traded wins as a joke. Which I agree he shouldn’t do even as a joke but he is getting punished for that.

I feel like I would be on your side but I looked into both incidents and didn’t really find him to be outright cheating the system. I think Shaxy should get the harsh punishment.