Roger (a known cheater) is going to the World Championship

Good job on your punishment Blizzard, you’ve really taught Roger. Trigger someone on this board or call someone a bad name and you get banned… win trade and stream snipe in a high stakes Tournament and you get rewarded. Seems fair.

20 Likes

I saw someone talking about this in Twitch chat during the tournament today so I looked it up and yep, previously banned from a tournament for cheating but there he is representing Taiwan.

8 Likes

I’ve noticed that the amount of YouTube videos with video proof of Roger Cheating has mysteriously dropped in the last couple months… Blizzard is trying to destroy all proof that it ever happened… sad really. I actually wouldn’t be shocked if they delete this thread and ban me for telling the truth.

11 Likes

Just so everyone knows, Roger from Taiwan used the broadcast delay to stream snipe his opponent during a match and his entire team was subsequently banned.

9 Likes

Yeah, this incident should have been at least a year ban from official tournaments. It was a LONG time ago, but I believe thats the penalty Rdu got when he was getting “friends” message him in game regarding his opponents hand having Leeroy in it and, at the time, that was unavoidable - there was no DND mode to block messages from friends.

E: this is actually incorrect, Rdu didnt receive any ban that I could find via google (like I said it was a long time ago - 2014), but they did used to DQ ppl from HCT events for the year for win trading, and imo this is just as bad an offence.

8 Likes

What no. Cheating should give a perma ban no doubt about it. Cheating is something you decide to do, not just something that accidently happens.

17 Likes

Hey I picked him to win the tournament so I can win the competition which gives free packs as he gets through further to the finals and cause he has same name as me.

1 Like

Haha, but a certain moron who wrote about having more packs from Roger winning might have their messages untouched in this thread.

I agree, if you cheat it should be perma-ban…

Blizzard is specifically targeting, and I’ve been saying this from the start, “troll” like kids with too much money on their hands as it makes Blizzard more money in the long run. Except, HS won’t have a long run, after 5 years almost now the brand that is HS is dying, quite rapidly too. Anybody notice their tournament viewership numbers are significantly lower than last years?

TBH, if this next rotation doesn’t fix the in game “meta”, it’ll finally be time for me to quit for good and I’ve been here since release days.

I’m utterly disgusted right now that a known cheater is still able to partake in a tournament just so Blizzard can make more money… People need to start voicing their displeasure through their “not” spending of dollars on HS. Hurting Blizzards wallets will be the only way to force them to change their ways etc.

Cheers o/

3 Likes

What’s even more sad is that you believe that crap. I mean, seriously. Why would Blizzard do that? What possible benefits would protecting this cheater provide them? What is so special about this guy? Is he the only competitive player from his country or Kim Jong Un’s bastard child or something?

And besides, from what I have understood, they have punished him already by banning him, and the rest of his team, from a tournament in the past. But it looks like some people think he should be banned for life. Why? He was already punished. Plus I think the shameful reputation itself is also a punishment enough. That shame will never go away.

Most of the “real” athletes are not being banned from competitions for life after they were caught from doping. Unless they’re found repeating that violation multiple times. And if this fella is not cheating anymore, what’s the problem?

The point is; I’m all for giving everyone a second chance. But if he’s found cheating again. Then sure. Ban him for life.

14 Likes

I do agree that banned for life is too harsh, but a single tournament penalty is hardly sufficient either. Win traders used to be disqualified from HCT events for the year (i heard rumours they may have had their accounts banned from playing as well, but I never saw any proof of that, so treat them as rumour) and this is just as bad of an offence imo that should warrant the same penalty.

I’m all for second chances, I just dont think the punishment was sufficient given the “crime” he committed.

Exactly. Cheating at any sport should give a permanent ban from playing that sport professionally.

4 Likes

And he goes on to win.

You just killed any serious rep Hearthstone E-sports MAY have had. Terrible.

6 Likes

excepted that RDU didn’t cheat during the tournament , i mean he received a message from 1 of his contact , but he didn’t ask for it …

also watch the replay of the match , RDU call a referee directly after receiveing the message and ask him what to do because of that message !
(Btw : AMAZ was his opponent and was agree it wasn’t RDU fault )

so don’t mix all the stories !! RDU wasn’t a cheater , but Roger was one !
now i agree the ban was a bit short , but let see if he retry to cheat in any futur tournaments or not :

• if yes , he will get a bigger ban (perma maybe)
  • if not , no need to punish him more !
3 Likes

as i said in my edit, it was a long time ago and i didnt research it before posting (bad on my end there, i could have removed the whole comment if i chose and replaced it with the edit but didnt). I also showed another example in that edit closer to what Roger & Co. did, win trading used to DQ players from HCT events for the year, yet Roger got no such penalty.

All cheaters should be banned, whether it is a caught cheater or not. Blizzard really should pay more attention to the fairness of the game.

2 Likes

LOL calling for a life ban? Who cares honestly. No one here knows the dynamics or context of what happened, being on a team of 5 he could have even been dragged into it. Clearly Roger has been putting in work and deserves to be in the tournament.

Disagree. While the calls for life ban on a first offence are extreme, he (AND HIS TEAM) should have received the same penalty win trader get - not eligible for HCT events this year (as this incident happend in this HCT “year” it qualifies, I’m not talking calendar year) - as HGG was an officially sanctioned tournament. Cheating in an official tournament is unacceptable, imo more so than win trading on ladder, and should be penalised appropriately. I personally dont believe that has happened in this case.

1 Like

You got a lot to learn “new gen”…

Cheating has never been nor ever will be deemed “acceptable” or in your words “who cares honestly”. Hence why everyone who cheats attempts to cover up, lie about doing it, not come forward and tell people their success is due to cheating etc. Everybody who’s publicly came forward or was discovered to have cheated etc has always been subject to ridicule by their peers etc.

Cheating in a game that requires time/resources/money to play/participate in discourages others from playing/supporting said game. HS’s integrity level is low enough as it is, this (cheating) would be the same thing as throwing wood over the fire. Making an already existing problem worse and further having a negative impact on HS’s reputation.

Let me ask you an honest question… Do you honestly think “nobody cares” that a known cheater was allowed to compete in a tournament? If your answer is yes, nobody cares, then why my good sir does this thread exist? The title of this thread is “Roger (a known cheater)”… Why do rules exist? Why isn’t everybody a cheater if it’s the “right” thing to do in life? You’ll notice only lazy people cheat, furthermore it takes a special type of “idiot” to take pride in ones own laziness etc.

As I said in the beginning to you “new gen”, you got a lot to learn.

Cheers o/

3 Likes

“new gen” lol. I’m sure there is no way I am new gen. If his team cheated and you don’t actually know who on the team cheated beside a general “whole team” including tom60229, then maybe you don’t have enough information to make a claim that he was the reason his “team” cheated.

Also, look at the New England Patriots. enough said.

1 Like