Rise of the Mech QoL updates:

… nice. /20charizards

Yes, it could be that or other things, but thanks, Sherlock. I didn’t really think it was a magical force causing it. I was being sarcastic in the context of the point I was making about software makers being subtly manipulative to their advantage, whenever they can get away with it.

This was also in the context of the ridiculousness of Microsoft being so manipulative, repetitively and historically, but Google is the one being dragged into an anti-trust investigation today.

They ask you every time. They just count on you not reading. If you think this is skeevy, you really don’t want to look at the books for any of the internet giants any big corporation.

Realistically, the only reason Google has been singled out is because they are anti-Trump, but they are definitely up to their elbows in information that their user base probably doesn’t want them to have just like every other browser/social media platform/internet provider.

3 Likes

It is a 2 player game one wins one loses so yeah on average winrate will be always 50% :smiley:

3 Likes

all nice and fine but…

mobile patch? when? do your job blizzard? bugs aren’t an excuse cause those are your fault for rushing and apple isn’t an excuse either since you had time to prepare before hand, now work and stop trying to get money with that lame master bundle

It’s been moved to today.

1 Like

no, I don’t want a notice, I want my patch, I lost my day off already, gimme the patch

Yep. Because that attitude will be helpful.

2 Likes

For some reason this makes me think of that guy from the first Bruce Willis scene in 5th element that tried robbing him.

Gimme the patchhhhhhhhh!!

3 Likes

“Rigged” is such a funny word. It’s rigged in the sense that the opponent you face isn’t completely random but it never was - it was always someone of your approximate level (MMR or rank or wins/losses depending on game mode). Now it’s that and it additionally tries to keep you from facing the players you just faced.

2 Likes

I wonder if squelch will stay active?

SKRUFF

It is a funny word, and yet, not incorrect

Since the matchmaking is no longer truly random, then we can actually say it’s rigged

Not that I like or dislike this, I’m just making a comment

It was always “rigged”.
The difference now, is that you do not have to face the same opponent 5 times in a row.

It never was “truly random” in the sense that it always took some things into account when matching people (rank/MMR/wins-losses, server, queue time). Now it takes one more thing into account.

1 Like

No this is different

Before it picked a random player in a skill range, now it is actively excluding specific players and decks

It was excluding certain skill ranges. Now it’s also excluding duplicate players (not decks as far as I can tell). It’s just another feature that the match-making algorithm considers (along with the existing features) - nothing groundbreaking.

3 Likes

thats only if the guy you last played is using the same deck :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Originally the blog post said player and class and regardless of it now being revised, folks are going to hang on to that until the end of time.

3 Likes

so i guess they dont play the game or they wouldve noticed right after update you could be matched against the same class in a row

1 Like

Please provide the quote where Ben Broke is “admitting literally THAT”. I have a feeling that he actually “admitted” nothing of the sort.