R.I.P. Paladin 3/19-3/28

It just doesn’t have counters on that chart. It’d be trivial to make a decklist that beats Shopper DH.

After I get the 1k wins portrait with Big DH I’m swapping to Shaman. Altered Chord, Baking Soda Volcano, Golganneth, Amphibious Elixir, Pop Up Book, Shining Sentinel, the cards are there.

Once Shopper DH rolls the dice on discovers, they’ve got nothing. Not even Momentum or Fan the Hammer.

But decks that could beat Shopper DH are likely squashed by Odyn Warrior, Aggro Hunter, and Paladin.

1 Like

Paladin was too strong when it was released they didn’t even required to hone it. So now they will have to hone the deck to make it viable.

1 Like

This makes sense, about making a counter to DH. I just hope someone does it ASAP.

But I’m afraid Shaman isn’t in a great state right now. It’s missing a solid win-con. I cannot seriously accept that tendrils are its’ only win con, but currently it is.

Except when it’s hard to put one’s finger on what exactly the class is about — that’s when they talk about an ‘identity crisis’, which Shaman seems to have nearly all the time. To cintinue the list: I support Elementals, I support them not, I overload, I overload not, I’m suddenly trying to play Freeze Mage… oh, wait, that’s not even my identity… and so on.

Another one with some identity crises, by the way.

What’s this got to do with the Paladin and Ranked play in general? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

The reviews and predictions that I linked? :grinning:

How about Reno? :grinning: Nearly every class’s win condition, as it would seem?

The real question is: should anyone bother with the dust refund for Zilliax. :grinning:

That golden Shroomcavate in my collection looks great, though… For disenchanting, that is. :grinning:

I think this will still be an auto-include in most decks

I absolutely remember some reviews predicting DH meta. I just don’t remember them predicting the solution to their tyranny xD

Most of our data grognards aren’t creative.

Precisely.

Well, you could still play Odyn Warrior to show what a hipster you are. :grinning: That change doesn’t look that significant, by the way.

If many players do that, that might be my chance to try the Plague Death Knight after all. :grinning:

Besides, it’s not like the aggro DH is that nigh-unbeatable (like, ahem, the subject, which would just beat anything but direct specific counters, as far as I understand), so I’d expect the ‘meta’ to adapt (my example above might be silly, but that’s how it generally goes with the meta) and be more interesting anyway.

it is to me xd 20% winrate as sludgelock, and I’m already tilted after playing two mirror matchups because they teched in glacial augments to delay my weapon hits.

It’s a disaster.

DH numbers will decrease after Paladin numbers stabilize. Paladin is not dead and people are overreacting and fleeing from the class too much.

Tarim is a bloody scary card. You can flip the script on any game with that minion. Paladin will still be highly competitive just not cause massive blowouts now IMO.

1 Like

well i swapped out deputization aura for crusader aura and i brought in horn of the windlord ( thinking of trying to buff the weapon to combine with Leroy) and I added keepers strength and the deck is still strong

Premature; I’m at Legend & beating Legend Players with Paladin.

I simply switched from Handbuff to Aggro, which I prefer anyway.

I tried the deck before the nerfs and it wasn’t it

Good luck, though

Shaman still has plenty of win cons. The most viable being the windfury weapon…at least until paladins start to run it again and get it nerfed.

Agreed, I only swapped the aura’s, changed nothing else and it may take a few rounds longer but it’s still as strong as before.