Rigg games against F2P makes no sense

First, your conclusion is not necessarily true. For example, I would definitely feel better about purchasing a car if I found out later that there is a million dollars in cash in the trunk. But it is not in the interest of the car dealership to put a million dollars of cash in the truck, because that’d cost them a million dollars. In other words, just because a certain thing WOULD be in a business’s interest if it was free doesn’t mean that it is in the business’s interest, because it might have a cost that is greater than the value.

So you need to consider that a complicated matchmaking algorithm takes more time to code, which probably means paying programmers. (Is it possible that Blizzard could essentially steal code unpaid from someone? I’d say it’s actually pretty likely, but NOT without us hearing about it. The original author would have strong incentive to go public.) And the amount of time the algorithm takes is also important. The longer it takes to match with a player, the more boring time in queue, and with as many players as Hearthstone has, even a simple process would be repeated millions of times per week, creating real processing power concerns. That’s two STRONG incentives for Blizzard to want a simpler algorithm over a more complicated one.

Second, a thing being in Blizzard’s interest doesn’t necessarily mean that Blizzard knows that thing is in their interest. Consider the kind of cost-benefit analysis that was touched on in the paragraph above this. It’s not that difficult to imagine a situation where it could be a borderline decision. Perhaps in reality it is narrowly in Blizzard’s interest to do so, but when they did the cost-benefit analysis they were overly conservative and determined that the costs would exceed the added value. Maybe they had it on the agenda at one point, but a bunch of employees went on a cubicle crawl getting drunk instead, and they just haven’t found the time to revisit the issue since because they were too busy cramming Diablo Immortal with more pay to win mechanics. Even if you, in your infinite wisdom, know for sure it would have been profitable for Blizzard to implement, that doesn’t mean they implemented it. Blizzard can mess up.

Last, but not least, Blizzard doesn’t really need to rig ANYTHING for paying customers to win more. If you buy a lot of packs, chances are you just went from not having access to the cards necessary to build competitive decks, to having access to those cards. Having access to the better decks will increase your winrate. If there is already a mechanism to ensure that paid players will outperform unpaid players (temporarily forgetting about the crazy 2% who grind f2p for triple digit unpaid hours to amass a free collection), then why accept costs for a redundant system that does the same thing?

Yeah I love seeing the single digit posters making a complex argument similar even in writing capability on the same post

1 Like

Nothing blizzard does makes sense so this would fit a patern.
I would like to submit this as circomstantial evidence. A patern of behaviour.

I played to legend with 2 of my accounts this month. I happy where i am at skillwise and the limited time i have to spend thanks anyway for your suggestion.

Forget to change accounts, eh?

For selling cars you dont need to suggest there might be 1 million dollars in the trunk.

For selling card packs it might help, suggesting you might hit the jackpot everytime cracking a pack open.

1 Like

Happens as my 2 other phones charging. Or i might play on the other ones HS who knows.

As i said before, each phone is logged with a different account, so when i switch phones i also post on another account and since i am allowed to have 3 bnet accounts in my name, its all good.

Then which conspiracy theorist are you in this thread? If you could point it out instead of hiding behind another account. If you’re truly up for a real debate and not complaining.

See theres the problem. We cannot have a decent debate at first hand when you label people that term, who state public recorded facts, therefore NO just NO.

Show me these public recorded facts (as of now it’s heresay because not once do you provide any evidence). Show us the facts if it’s all true. Put us in our place.

“Debates” happen with facts.

I call it as I see it, conspiracy theorist, until you prove otherwise.

Nah i am getting tired of this. Put on another record, otherwise i am loosing interest.

Ha!

I figured this was the alt account. I also didn’t expect anything more/less than this response, predictable conspiracy theorist.

Laterz!

I cant imagine how you figured it out as i tried so hard to keep it a secret, you must be a smart one.

Thanks, bro! Appreciate it. I do try so hard.

My favorite is when they defend their alt post on the wrong account, lol, and totally miss that they gave themselves totally up.

Tell me a good conspiracy theory to look at, aside hearthstone.

The rigging is not a conspiricy theory, its a public documented fact.

Look up for MK Ultra that stuff is mindblowing :wink: …literally!

I actually got into it a smidge with someone who did that exact thing this morning on this very thread. I can see they are still spewing the you-know-what up above me.

1 Like