Rexxar vs Gorgrom

Any idea how to beat this fight? The AI doesn’t even play intelligently, but it has so many answers and OP cards against your completely weak cards. We get no playable cards for the first three turns, and our hero power is equally worthless in the early game. It seems OP, doing five random damage to a minion, but the AI hard counters with all 8 HP cards, some of which even spawn 2/2s to soak our random hero power. I like a challenge as much as the next guy, but not when it’s purely down to RNG. It’s not like we even get to build our own deck in response. I notice no one else is even posting about this fight. There’s not even an article for it up on Hearthpwn. All in all, I don’t think this adventure’s been very well-received. It’s a shame. I guess we got what we paid for.

Update: Right after posting this, I managed to lay down a Gronn trap for which the AI had no answer for three turns (a first). Like I said, it came down to RNG in the end. It wasn’t even a satisfying win.

9 Likes

This last battle was quite surprisingly easy for me. :grinning:

The Gronn traps won it for me. It’s kinda sad when a final boss encounter hinges on whether or not you have the card specifically designed to kill that boss. After these Book of Heroes adventures, they need to let the players build or edit at least part of the adventure deck again. Tombs of Terror makes Book of Heroes look like Candy Crush Saga.

5 Likes

This has got to be one of the worst solo adventures they’ve released so far, the bosses are severely over tuned, and we can’t edit the decks or hero powers at all? Last fight makes your hero power useless until he decides to play a minion. Past solo adventures I think were way better than these ones being released.

4 Likes

Yeah, Daelin and Gorgrom were flawed battles. There’s a difference between a difficult battle, and a battle that’s impossible unless you’re lucky you draw the right cards (Gronn Trap vs Gorgrom) or your opponent doesn’t (Daelin not drawing more than 1 Eye of the Storm)

3 Likes

Youp, I hate glass canon decks that need the stars to align just right and your opponent just happens to run out of answers.

2 Likes

When I beat Gorgrom, I will go buy a lottery ticket. All luck, no skill and the house always wins. I wonder if Gorgrom moonlights as a bouncer in Vegas? He taunts you, then smacks you when you’re down, then tosses you out like week old shrimp.

2 Likes