Revelations of a Multi-account Player

These days, I generally find the usual state of constructed modes to be too broken and un-interactive to hold my interest.

I do wonder how other players currently feel about modes like Standard, since the Whizbang expansion was released. When I looked at the new cards, I saw so much powercreep that I knew many of the cards would need to be nerfed (especially the Paladin cards), so I decided completely ignore Standard until the nerfs happened to see if a healthier, more fun looking meta emerged. I look forward to reading player feedback.

In the meantime, what does a player like myself do to have fun? I find myself mostly roaming between multiple HS accounts to complete quests, while exploring the changes to Arena as the devs increase the bans on bots and make other improvements to help reduce the impact of “super-drafts.”

Because I play all three servers, I am regularly playing on 9 or more different accounts, which requires me to keep some notes to help manage the development of the gold and other resources for those accounts. The notes look like this:

https://imgur.com/a/r8xaagG

I thought my atypical approach to gleaning fun from HS was worth mentioning to others.

Basically, I am waiting the devs to overhaul the game to “fix” the constructed play experiences, while I dabble with Arena, the best Tavern Brawls, some casual BGs, and the occasional, rare Standard or Twist metas, which seem OK to play.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m not playing a game where your expected win rate is 50-50 max because it’s only mirrors or you get countered by the most broken class ever made

It’s not easy to make me stop playing, I literally no-life this game, but they made it

I’m amazed how many people enjoy literally wasting their time on a coin flip, playing for hours only to end up on a worse rank (if you’re legend with 50% win rate you’re losing ranks) or slightly better one (if you’re not legend yet)

It definitely won’t last. I’ve seen people complain about less.

1 Like