Returning player, help!

Hey all. I stopped playing in Rise of Shadows and thought I’d give hearthstone another go. There seem to be some pretty significant changes since then and I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction to where to learn about them all and what the best paths to catching up would be.

I was able to buy the returning player set and darkmoon faire set, but after that it seems I just have too few cards to make any kind of interesting deck and even at the lowest rank I’m playing against people with some pretty insane decks that are clearly not starter decks… so I’m hoping there’s a straight forward way to catching up…?

unfortunetly i can only share bad news…wild is degenerate and devs recently openly state they dont care for wild balance

and standard DH have broken basic set compare to other classes(which will never rotate out)(so they be perma overpowered…probably)

Interesting, when I was reviewing some meta stats (vicioussyndicate, metastats), nothing seemed crazy out of whack (now, though it had looked like shaman was pretty favored a month back). What I didn’t find was how to learn about changes in the game in the last 2 years.

lots of turn 5-6 otk deck…control destroying cards…Shaman slightly harsh but wasn’t the worse of the chunk last month(at least not at the top end ranks)
feel free to look up but personnaly i’am done with control being entirely unviable currently…feel more like a solo game with whoever pull out their kill opponent card first win…no more snowballing

1 Like

You should have gotten a free returning player deck. Hopefully you picked one that can be updated to be ladder-viable. In my case, as a returning player, I picked the paladin libram deck and it worked really well, especially after I used my Hall of Fame dust to upgrade it.

You have probably noticed the new reward track system. Now we have weekly quests in addition to daily quests. Make sure you complete all weekly quests before they get reset each week. You can reroll ones you don’t want to do. For the Corrupt quest, you can play cards in their uncorrupted form and they will still count toward quest completion.

I see that you’re familiar with Vicious Syndicate. I would recommend that you find a high tier deck that you want to try there and if you don’t have all the cards (and can’t craft them), try editing the deck to a similar version on hsreplay. net.

Good cheap decks include: Enhancement (Aggro) Shaman, Aggro Rogue and Face Hunter. In many cases, the legendaries and epics in these decks are not 100% necessary. You can replace them with other good aggro card(s). Hsreplay is a good place to find potential replacements.

If this would be true, Wild wouldn’t get a speed nerf for a deck out of control (like we got atm with the Tiller-OTK):

then maybe you should take a look at few plays of darkglare lock…malygos druid and c’thun rogue
turn 1&2 drawing cards
turn 3 coin into the guy drawing 2 minions
turn 4 0 mana spell into that same minion if anka//thun weren’t drawn
mecha thun turn 5…drop anka to make thun cost 1
Mechathun turn 6…drop thun…drop broom…prep into myra unstable element…secret passage…otk complete on turn 6

malygos druid got a similar sequence to pull in on turn 6(do i have to shove the sequence down your throat like i did with mechathun rogue ?)
and Darkglare lock can pull it on turn 5(board fill + lockdown opponent mana)
then use all the minions on board that were impossible to clear due to loatheb
effect on turn 6

seriously…stop making me repeat

EDIT: Tickatus…blood of ghun…and secret mages may not be turn 6 kill but the long term effect is too powerfull vs control//mid-range