Returning player, cant use deck because of "apprenticeship"?

I came back after playing for a while, and it says I cant use my deck because of some apprenticeship thing? I just wanna play duels with my friend using my deck, any help?

1 Like

Apprenticeship is the new term for what used to be known as the “new player” ranks.

Any new account starts at rank 40 and then, by winning, gradually gains ranks; and every 5 ranks gained you are granted some free packs. Once you go past rank 1, you are said to graduate out of apprenticeship into the “real” ranks (starting at Bronze 10), with a final gift of some more free packs.

During apprenticeship, some parts of the game that Blizzard considers for experienced players only is indeed blocked. Is the deck you want to play perhaps a Wild mode deck?

There is an option to skip apprenticeship and move into Bronze 10 immediately. That should unlock modes that are not available for apprentices (though there might be a few additional restrictions on some game modes). But you will not receive any of the free packs you would get from a normal climb.

2 Likes

I just discovered this too. I came back after 18 months to find that now I can only use 3/30 cards on my favorite deck. Some of my other decks are even worse – 0/30 on mage, 1/30 on hunter, 0/30 on shaman. And most of these weren’t super customized decks either, just the defaults when I started playing.

I spent money to buy outland packs (less than $10, but still), so to find that I can’t use them until I grind through 25 levels is pretty frustrating.

1 Like