Returning Player 0/30 card decks

Hello, I am a returning player after yearsss of not playing.
When I try to click play, it will lead mo to “Play Standard” then I have to “Choose your Deck”.
When I click the hunter deck i have been playing (it shows 0/30 and all other decks) it will say “30 cards require completion of apprenticeship. Do you want to finish the deck automatically?”. So my question is:

1. I dont want to finish automatically, I want to play whatever the apprenticeship is, since i read i can gain some rewards.
  2. How do I play apprenticeship then if all my decks shows 0/30?

Thank you for your answer and patience.

Since you are a returning player, I assume all these decks are from when you were still playing? It’s fair to assume then that every card in those decks aren’t in Standard anymore (hence the 0/30). I would try to make a new deck and see how it goes from there.

1. Go into the Solo Adventures and complete them for current cards. Playing these will give you both experience points for the monthly rewards track as well as cards at the end of completion.

2. Switch from ‘Standard’ to ‘Casual’ mode and you will be able to play even your older cards. Your experience points won’t build as quickly, but you will be able to play anything you have (and presumably you have some good older cards).

3. Once you have moved up the monthly rewards track, you will have better current cards. In Standard mode, this will likely lead to more wins,
    which means faster elevation,
    which means more stars,
    which means better cards,
    repeat.

4. Play the Tavern Brawl each week. The first time you win each week, you get a free pack of cards.

I wish someone had explained that to me when I started a year ago.

1 Like

I see that while most of your questions were answered, one (the most basic) is not.

“Apprenticeship” is the new term (since April 2020) what was formerly called “New player ranks”, and introduced in October 2018.
New players now start the game at rank 40. As they win games, they win starts and climb (down, the numbers are backwards) to rank 1. Once they climb beyond that, they are put in the “normal” ranks, at Bronze 10 at first.

During Apprenticeships, losing a game never lowers your rank. You can only climb. Every 5 ranks (45, 40, …) you receive a few free packs. Upon graduating you receive even more free packs. Plus if I recall correctly you can choose one of ten pre-made decks to receive for free at that time.
The flip side of all these freebies is that during Apprenticeship you cannot play all game modes, and cannot craft or use Wild or Legacy cards. There may be a few more restrictions.

More information: https://hearthstone.fandom.com/wiki/New_player_experience

2 Likes

thank you for clarifying this.
I am now playing using core cards.

To describe where I am:
-When I hit play button it will lead me to “play standard” and to choose what deck I want to play.
-I have unlocked the demon hunter and playing core demon hunter.
-On the “Play Standard” UI there is “plant” emblem below that stars icon and below the plant it says 31.

I am having a hard time to win, seems all my opponents have a “more” complete deck that I have.

My question is, is it possible to really gain 40wins just using core cards. (or demon hunter core build? as Ive read this is the best way)
What are my options to improve the deck I currently have?

thankyou

This means you’ve already progressed from rank 40 to rank 31. (Which took more than 9 wins: each rank is three stars, and each win grants you one star, or two if you are on a win streak).
You should already have received some card packs. For reaching rank 35. For completing some of the starting quests. Did you already open those packs? If not, then do so!

You can improve decks by either taking an existing deck (like the Demon Hunter deck you use now) and replacing cards, by creating a new deck from scratch, or by starting with a recipe deck and replace cards you don’t have with others you do own. I believe the auto-complete feature should also work, but don’t expect it to always select the best possible cards from your collection.

Yes, because your win rate is always higher than zero percent. Even if you (exaggerated example!!) win only 1 in 10 games, then after 400 games you have 40 wins.

Sadly there is no easy way for you to share an overview of all the cards you already have, which makes it impossible for others to suggest good decks.

2 Likes

thank you for a very elaborate reply.
I think im going to try to finish the apprenticeship first then will check on where I can work on after that.

Ang yes I have opened 3 packs from my last win completing the 3 stars.

My problem really is, im being matched with decks with ridiculous effects suchs as summoning 5 8/8 elemental or summoning 2 3/3 every end of turn. hence my frustration.

Anyway, will just contine to play and see where it will lead. Really appreciate your response!

1 Like

You can share your collection by using a site such as HSReplay. Here’s a guide: