Request for Help on Player Guide

Dear Community,
I have started the skeleton framework for a player guide for the new forum.
For those whom wish to participate, please do so at below link,

For those interested, I have the following suggestion and request,

Suggestion:
I do not recommend posters to create new guides from scratch, but highly recommend using existing available resources. (need not be original work but do give credit where possible)

Request:
Some of you may have guides readily available, but I would like to request submitted contents to include reviews that highlight the scope of the content.
Some contents can be valid but subjective, e.g.

• best F2P method via arena, while true but does not apply for players that does not enjoy the arena experience or,
  • guides that applies to a specific target group of player, e.g. class main, etc

Reviewers: while some may not have ready contents, but are willing to review through contents and correct outdated articles are also highly welcome.

All contributions are voluntary, there will be no rewards, recognition or appreciated to be expected…

But a Thank You in advance from me.

3 Likes

Where would you want Reviewers to post their comments? On the Player Guide [WIP] post?

Are any of the sections a priority for review, or conversely, well reviewed and not a priority?

1 Like

Reaver

Let me know if you have a preference for Shaman or Priest. I’d be more than happy to contribute on either of those classes.

1 Like

Since all contributions are voluntary, there is no restrictions on contents the poster wishes to contribute.

I have enable the Wiki function so that if posters/readers feels that the content is subjective/outdated, the community can review and provide a “better” update to the content.

I still unsure of how the Wiki function can work, thus any review would probably be anything the contributor/reviewer thinks can work.

Also, there is no rush on this, where the community can feel free to add on during your own free time. (Just to get the ball rolling, and see how things turns out)

I’ve had this spreadsheet sitting around for the scenario of: anyone who is missing a lot of cards from their collection to quickly figure out what cards are most useful from each of the sets.

That way you can better decide whether to craft a card or open more packs of a set, because how can you do that, if you don’t really know any of the cards?

Ratings and inclusions can be somewhat subjective and not necessarily all just meta deck ratings either, so I wasn’t sure what to do with it, but I’ll post it here, could help for the new player guide.

2 Likes

I believe the spreadsheet can be developed into a crafting guide.
You could add in a introduction of your grading system of why cards falls into each grade.

I believe you have some video guides. I would prefer of you can structure them as a single thread and link them here for easy access. In addition, do highlight which group of players you are addressing your contents to.

I don’t really have video guides to help new players, just an old “Let’s Play” style series that I would rather be more concise.

I would love for there to be a series like Trump Teachings to help new players, but 2019 edition, and goes further into expansion mechanics like Lackeys.

I hear complaints about outdated resources whenever something like that is recommended, which usually require some deduction on what is outdated and what is useful general information (eg: useful information on Lifetap and “Health as a resource”, but ignore old versions of cards like 2/1 Abusive Sergeant, Doomguard not in Standard anymore.

The guide you linked to on Reddit on How to hit Legend Rank has examples of old cards that can cause confusion, Unstable Portal, Mana Wyrm being 1 mana)

New contents requires alot of effort to produce. Thus, any volunteers are welcome.

I recommend using existing material supplemented by “reviews” such as below,

While the nerf/buff effects is applicable, some contents still deserve merit because of the overall concept it delivers.
Along with the “reviews”, then the contents does not go to waste, and still remain applicable.

e.g. Abusive Sergeant was 2/1 now 1/1 but still see play at current meta, because of it’s effect/usage as a cheap buffer (under suitable circumstances)

Below are the 3 area I believe there can be more add on to the contents,

1. Resource Management(Gold and Dust) (not started)
  2. Common Mistakes by New Players (not started)
  3. Crafting and Dusting Guide (in plan)

Personally, i may be working on no.3, where any contribution are also welcome
My initial plan:
Basic intro to Crafting and Dusting
General guide to Crafting and Dusting

(Please use this thread for feedback/comments. Please reserve the new player thread solely for completed articles, for easy and clear presentation of contents)

(New) Beginner’s Guide to joining a Tournament (in plan)

Was thinking if some this article would be good for people being afraid to join tournaments.

Appreciate poster to share knowledge and experience in the link below,

1 Like

Request for source of comprehensive guide for new players

I can help out with stuff related to wild.

E.g cheap decks, rough meta guide, teching etc.

1 Like

I am looking for ready made links/sources e.g. old reddit threads
Reserve the energy and not spend on re-inventing the wheel.

1 Like

As per title:

Also, requesting feedback If such contents are practically useful, as reception is very poor and may not worth the effort to make/compile, or not suit to consumption taste for forumers.

The difficult part with these is that they can vary depending on the player’s collection and play time. A general rule is to “save gold for the upcoming expansion” but as seen on other threads, buying a pack every time you get 100 gold is a thing - and may be more suitable when catching up with older expansions.

I could definitely write up a guide, I just don’t think many will agree with it

1 Like

Can start with a frame and add as you go along.
But still prefer ready made source, as to conserve your energy for better things.