Rainbow Mage is Tier 0 RN

After a lot of revisions of the deck since the start of the expansion, counting all them up I have a 27 - 5 record with Rainbow Mage in general. The deck is abnormally strong. Even at Mage’s greatest moments with it since its release those versions can’t compare to this one.

Khadgar is broken. Reverberations has become good again. Primordial Glyph is a great addition. Sleet Skater has made Mage’s vulnerability and lack of sustain begone. The deck is unbelievably strong. It’s most probably Tier 1 if not … the … best … deck.

If Warrior gets nerfed and loses popularity this deck can easily take over. Against Warlock it’s completely one-sided, DK can’t do nothing, DH can’t do nothing, Paladin especially can’t do nothing, it’s only the potential Hunter which you can still beat if neither gets a very good draw over the other and Warrior which you can still kill! I hit a Warrior for 60 last game.

This the list: Try it now because it’s under the radar, this is the best deck in the game no doubt.

List

rainbo 3

Class: Mage

Format: Standard

Year of the Pegasus

2x (1) Arcane Artificer

2x (1) Discovery of Magic

2x (1) Flame Geyser

2x (1) Miracle Salesman

1x (2) Audio Amplifier

2x (2) Frostbolt

1x (2) Infinitize the Maxitude

2x (2) Primordial Glyph

2x (2) Stargazing

2x (2) Void Scripture

2x (2) Watcher of the Sun

2x (3) Reverberations

2x (5) Inquisitive Creation

2x (5) Sleet Skater

2x (5) Wisdom of Norgannon

1x (6) Puzzlemaster Khadgar

1x (6) Sif

AAECAY0WBMbHBev0BdH4BePPBg2t7QXs9gXe+AW//gXY/gXxgAaFjgaDlQbymwaynga0pwaF5gaG5gYAAA==

To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

1 Like

oh, going to try because otk shaman not working, i am getting matched mostly vs warriors that on turn 5 have +30 armor. :D…

1 Like

Sure, it’s op. As long as your opponent doesn’t rat on 2 and take your sif, happened to me 3 games in a row. just right now. This game is not rigged :wink:

1 Like

Rainbow Mage is Tier 4 right now. Congratulations on the lucky win streak.

3 Likes

Ah, you put in the Frost bolts

You might want to put either a Watercolor artist or a few Clearance promoters for more consistency

Both reduce the frost bolt’s cost

1 Like

I tried this in the second version but it’s an awkward card. There is no real reason to reduce random spells to justify including a 3 mana 3/2.

It’s not even good in trading or applying pressure so I preferred this version.

Sure. Not even gonna attempt to converse.

3 Likes

I’m yet to try it, but when you throw out some inconsistent crap like primordial glyphs, suddenly every spell that gets discounted is a part of your combo or a card draw

But if you find it too clunky, watercolor artist works too

Tutoring is the word of the meta. Everyone does it. Every class, every deck.

I think both of them actually are unneeded. The version I provided feels better, you don’t really need anything except these cards.

You just turbo stack the spell schools and cast stargazing into an 1 or 2 mana Wisdom and you are set from there. Even the Primordial draw from Stargazing is great.

I also cut Zilliax because it’s not needed. This feels like the most optimal version.

Well, I tried every version of rainbow mage without those two cards and both have failed where I play

So once I’m feeling like losing 5k ranks again I’ma try both

1 Like

You don’t understand. All good ideas appear randomly out of the aether. No individual has good ideas. No good idea can be traced back to an individual.

Also, new ideas can’t exist because numbers based on the past don’t reflect the future. Therefore, there is nothing new awaiting us.

Tempo/Aggro DH? A bot first put that deck together. No credit to an individual.

Wheel of Death Warlock? A few people found that list on a balloon at the local mall. No credit to an individual.

Handbuff Paladin? I’m pretty sure that’s just a deck recipe. No credit to an individual. No, not even anybody at Blizzard who makes deck recipes.

/s

1 Like

Definitely far from a tier 0 or even a tier 1, but definitely a good, competitive deck right now. It can’t do anything against warriors tho, which basically makes it tier 2 at best. After nerfs there might be something there. Sleet skater is actually quite good.

Evidence: https://www.d0nkey.top/meta?min_games=100&rank=diamond_4to1

d0nkey data is tracker side only which inflates winrates. The average winrate of all decks on that page, weighted by popularity, is 54.65% — this means that in general players with Firestone installed are +4.65% better than their opponents. So everything below and including Rainbow DK on that page is Tier 3 or lower. Rainbow Mage’s adjusted winrate is approximately 45.6%. Low tier 3 or high Tier 4.

Facts

20charlimitboring

10000 games sample. What am I supposed to do with that? Is that supposed to reflect this refined version’s win rate? I click it and it shows me the Excavate version. How am I to trust the ranking here…

3 Likes

Your version is not that unique.

Will you elaborate on its tier or continue dodging by attacking my version as if I built it.
No s#it it’s not unique I took it from d0nkey - Streamer Decks and a guy went 14-6 with it in top 50 Legend.

How he done that with a Tier 4 deck?

1 Like

What’s dude’s problem? It’s like he lacks the ability to be cordial, and seeks to provoke a reaction so there’s something to argue about.

Nice job, though. I’ll have to give your deck a shot.

2 Likes

Well if he does that I thank him. Brings more traction to the thread lol.
I just want to be disproven with reason. Surely a 10000 games sample is mudded with unrefined versions games.

Is there any reason why audio amplifier over any other card? Is a 2/3 better than that 2/2 that copies a spell? Would mabye even a single lightshow be better to combo with stargazing?

Also for the control c + control v stat pasting guy. I don’t get the purpose of posting the stats. People who just post stats are never going to be on the forefront of anything. What are your predictions on the post patch tier list for classes? What is the best deck list after the nerfs (I know its hard to predict not knowing the nerfs… but please do give us your top 3 post patch decks on the day the balance patch is released).

Stats can be useful to compare similar decks… excavate paladin is better than non excavate paladin so its probably good to include the excavate package. But just saying Mage has a 48.9827 win rate is utterly useless for any sort of analysis on someone posting a decklist.

1 Like

You might need it to play more Spells with Sif in some matchups that will matter. We don’t have that 5/5 Legendary that discounts the hand after Rotation so it can potentially be good. You can probably experiment with it but I don’t see the reason.

Primordial and Wisdom are very good combo cards. No reason to dilute the combo potential.