Racists in the game

I beat a player and he added me as a friend and called me all sorts of names (racial and prejudice terms) and I found it very disturbing. Has anyone else ever encountered something like this? He then unfriended me and the chat disappeared. Why can’t we report these sorts of things?

2 Likes

You can, although it’s in a way that seems tailored to deter reports. Next time take screenshots, too, to provide evidence in your report.

If you visit this link and scroll to the end of the topic, you can see how to go about this.

2 Likes

Why didn’t you simply block that person.

Blockings a great option but what about the next person they add and do that to and the next? I say block and report.

Thanks everyone for your input!

6 Likes

You got what you deserved, never accept random friend requests.

8 Likes

Just outed yourself as a person who does this sort of thing. Grats!

5 Likes

That’s probably the safest thing to do. That being said, accepting random friend requests has gotten me many a good friend and some of my best ones.

8 Likes

I honestly often will add these types just to see if what they have to say. I don’t think I’ve ever been attacked, fortunately. But, sometimes these people want to congratulate you, give or ask for advice, and so on.

3 Likes

There are a great many hateful people playing this game.
Just know We are not all that way.

4 Likes

I play a mill lock deck in wild. It is specifically built to disrupt combo decks and control decks with large hands. It’s also very unique and I’m certain its a deck that people aren’t expecting. As a result of winning these games, I often get friend requests after, and the people always say that I have a cool deck, and that they weren’t expecting.

2 Likes

Accepting a friend request after winning a game of Hearthstone be like:

2 Likes

It’s unfortunate that you kinda have to get a feel for when you should add someone or not. Salty people adding “friends” just to scream about how lucky and/or stupid you or your mother is feelsbad. I think there should be an easier way to flag this sort of behavior to discourage it. Chat logs would help in this instance. No one should be afraid to add a friend

3 Likes

That’s why I never accept friend requests from opponents. Most of them are salty dbags who need a good butt kicking.

1 Like

Accepting a friend request after winning a game of Hearthstone be like:

Why do people even send friend requests. It’s not like you’re in a social environment.

It’s like asking random strangers online if you want to be their friend.

I get it in an MMO where you do things together. But in Hearthstone? It’s the least social online game ever invented.

Weirdos, I am convinced that if someone sends a friend request in HS it is some kind of scammer.

They’re after me lucky charms!

1 Like

To…make friends? There is a small social contract involved in a card game, where ideally the two participants are civil enough to shake hands after a match. This is the online equivalent. I’ve met a few decent people from friend requests after games, usually if the deck(s) involved were off-meta or the match was otherwise interesting. But 90% of the time it’s salty people blowing off steam, which unfortunately sours the experience for everyone involved, and makes it less likely to bother accepting such requests in the future.

4 Likes

The conversation is still saved.

You can access all of your conversations in the Blizzard PC app.

So if you really want to report them, login with a PC; and you will get a report option there. I have done it before to some jerk.

1 Like

Nothing is ever done when reporting.

Even direct threats mean nothing since the other person cannot get your personal information from your profile. Blizzard has no obligation since there is no credible threat.

Since there are many solutions to mitigate many of these problems and nothing has been done for man years, it means that having these agitation/negative experience mechanisms have been determined as a key part of driving sales.

Treat others how you would like to be treated. Someone sent a friend request to me after I lost and they asked about a certain play during the match. Then they wished me a Happy New Year. That person is still on my list.

2 Likes