Question: Cards Played Per Turn

Hi, I hope this is the right place to ask. Actually, this is something I’ve come across for years now and I’m wondering how it’s done.

I’ve recently been encountering that Druid who empties his deck and then swaps decks with you. As soon as he gets Gadgetzan Auctioneer, he’s able to play all his cards and pretty much win the game.

Yet, over the years, when I try to pull off such infinite combos on the rare occasions I’ve had the opportunity to, I run out of rope time. Can someone teach me how to have enough time to play all my cards? I’ve tried “blindly” playing, as in, play the cards and ignore any animations, but even then, I’d have to wait for the card draw animation right? Be it Gadgetzan or occasionally Shudderwock, I’ve just never figured out how to complete these long combos.

Please teach me. Thank you.

Edit: I know that maybe he’s just fast and I’m seeing all the animation while he’s already done all his moves. I’ve tried doing such myself but there’s always gonna be some delay due to animations on his end as well right? For example, the card draw animation. Like I’ve said, I tried these comboes myself but I don’t have the time because I gotta wait for certain animations to run their course before I can make another move. Or is there a setting to turn off or reduce animations?

You don’t have to wait for animations to end. Any action you make goes into a queue and resolve in the order you have made them.

1 Like

If you are playing on a low end Samsung phone like me it is impossible and also in a region far from your server. I played APM mage back in the day on my pc and I could play about double as many cards. You still need to not waste a single second of the rope timer, if you are the kind of person who needs time to think then you won’t be able to play this deck.

2 Likes

Not even this deck, but similar decks, such as Mage, Shadow Priest or Quest Hunter. And it wasn’t a matter of needing time to think either. Even when I had everything lined up, and was ready to go, but I physically could not proceed. That’s the frustrating part and why I’m asking if there’s some trick or setting that I’m missing.

That said, I’m in South East Asia while playing a US server because when I joined Hearthstone long ago, it was to play with American friends. I’m on a desktop but my internet connection has never been top of the line.

I guess that’s the reason. Perhaps if I were more optimized, then there would be less or no lag time between cards being playable. I guess I can live with that explanation.

I’m gonna try reducing my graphics quality and see if that speeds things up a bit.

Thanks for the feedback.

Edit: I just changed my Quality and Frame Rate to Low. Looks weird but animations seem/feel a tad faster? I guess I’ll do that when I wanna try a big combo deck. Thanks again.

1 Like

as far as I know it comes down to pc vs mobile and a good connection(US).

1 Like

I’m not sure if this applies but some people literally cheat to accomplish this. This is not recommended as it is a permanent ban of your account and violates the terms of service.

But in the spirit of answering from all possible angles, this is definitely something to consider.

Disclaimer: I do not recommend or support cheating or hacking in any way, and am only posting this as information.

https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/rioa94/this_is_what_animation_cheating_in_hearthstone/

I personally think it’s ridiculous that APM decks exist in Hearthstone, it’s a very dumb way to make the game more complex than it needs to be, for all the wrong reasons.