Quest Shaman on ladder

30% of my ladder games today have been against the same infinite value, lackey spewing, battlecry spamming Quest Shaman. I thought Control Warrior had insane value…ugh. One month after Uldum and I’m already sick of seeing this deck.

5 Likes

Yup, me too. Deck has no real weakness to attack

1 Like

Vs recommended decks against Quest Shaman:

• Quest Druid
  • Combo Priest
  • Tempo (Aggro) Rogue

HSR recommended decks against Quest Shaman (r5 - L, last 7 days)

• Quest Druid
  • Quest Hunter
  • Control Mages (BSM, Dragon, Highlander)
  • Combo Priest (65%)
  • Control Warrior
4 Likes

VS actually shows Aggro Rogue as an even match up. Highlander Hunter and all the Warrior decks are slightly favored.

Quest Shaman is played a lot because it doesn’t really get wrecked by anything. Streamers like decks like this because they don’t have to worry about counter queuing.

2 Likes

As mage what should I do against quest shaman? A couple of walls are planted with giggling inventor to defend while burst face with lifedrinkers, lackeys and double battlecry, nor I can raise my board without fear of lose any big minion with MC tech

1 Like

Aggro Warrior wrecks Quest Shaman insanely bad.
Combo Priest wrecks Quest Shaman.
Quest Hunter wrecks Quest Shaman.
Aggro Rogue is very strong against Quest Shaman.
Highlander Hunter is very strong against Quest Shaman.
Mage is a pain, if your minions get frozen again and again because they can drop Reno and then play the power cards in their deck on follow up turns.

Quest Druid is good against bad builds of Quest Shaman.

A good build of Quest Shaman has Barista and Giggling Inventor, decks without Barista and Giggling Inventor will struggle against Quest Druid.

Barista lines up well right before the Druid wants to Star Fall so you can flood and lackey face after they Star Fall.

Giggling Inventor causes Druid to have to load the board for MC Tech or use multiple clears/target cards, which is means they won’t have them for the next board flood.

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s a powerful, flexible deck that doesn’t really need any other legendaries to make it work and can be tinkered with a lot.

I was looking at r4-L, sorry should have specified. Rogue is slightly favored @ ~53%

Accurate. I’ve also been struggling a bit against quest paladin because my build is a bit slower (but it does better against aggro than the net deck builds).

I smashed them alot with my doomhammer though, and when there is enough brickwall of annoyotron to block weapon just spit lava burst to their face
SMorc SMorc

1 Like

This explains why Highlander Hunter has stayed so strong. It replaced the Mage and Warrior matchups with Quest matchups.

I’m seeing this deck over and over even on casual, it’s really sad that people spend money for cards only to play op crap in casual. This community is a real joke.

Maybe I’ve been playing my Highlander Hunter wrong but I have yet to win with that deck against Quest Shaman, and I’ve tried. A lot.

Can’t believe they kept on supporting Shudderwock with all those strong battlecries :smiley:

When the card was introduced (and everyone knew right from the start what this card would do to the game) most people were like “damn, this will really restrict what battlecries the team can give shamans from now on” but guess what!? They just didn’t care ^^
It’s not all bad tho: Although the card is extremely strong, it’s not nearly as oppressive since the OTK was fixed (in Standart at least).

Look at the VS deck list, which includes an early game anti swarm package that was pioneered by Trump.

You should be able to get ahead on board unless they get Quest girls on 2. One of the nightmare scenarios is when they can trade with girl, and Bog her back to hand on 3.

Desert Spear is fantastic at cleaning up totems and lackeys, Mulligan for it.

I personally decided to keep Hunter’s pack over Sandbinder even if it might be wrong.

My friend made rank 7 playing nothing but Murlocs Paladin. Guess his RNG must be heavily consistent not to get wiped or see a single bomb warrior.

YA, they infinitely massacre me too. apparently so OTHER people say, only weakness is total aggro… So, now everyone has to build a deck JUST incase they oppose that deck… No, we can’t do that. What works for one wont work for the other 8. It almost seems like if ya can’t beat em, join em. Coz that would NEVER be boring!! Honestly, I think the game is really changing, and it is unlikely any quests will be nerfed. I think we ALL have to rethink how we play, and learn to fight them.

people overeacted back then a lot
we got many good battlecries and the only one abused with shudderwock was the gain 8 armor while you controla frozen minion and that was before grumble rotation

Well I see this “endless Shudderwock OTK combo” with Grumble as “abuse” as well (if you want to name it that).

Quest shamans biggest weakness is the ton of crappy battlecry minions they have to include. If you can keep their board relatively clear or place a few fat taunts they are easy game.