Quest Shaman Nerf

Quest warlock is getting a lot of attention with these patch notes but it seems people are glazing over the fact that quest shaman got massively nerfed!

Perpetual flame isn’t that big of a nerf but the quest nerf is HUGE. Having to play 1 additional overload card will be difficult in a class where draw is a weakness and will take too long. Even now you are often top decking for the last overload card anyways. On top of that requirement though it will also leave you even more overloaded so that it possibly delays your ability to play the reward. You could think of it this way, not only was it nerfed in needing to play another overload card but it also basically increases the mana cost of Brukan reward by 1 or 2 depending on the last overload card played!

I understand that shaman may have needed a nerf due to Warlocks getting nerfed but this particular nerf seems a bit heavy. Its a strong deck but it wasn’t meta warping. I think quest mage handles the deck fairly decently and might be much more prevalent in the upcoming meta as well as a few other decks.

I think the nerfs will kill the deck tbh, we will see…

3 Likes

It will be interesting. I’d guess it will have to natively run another (or perhaps two) overload card in the deck just to be safe. Overdraft going to be more important and this may hurt it’s already struggling card draw options.

Except the deck is already using almost all the overload cards that are any good! Not many cards to choose from in the overload department. I can only hope they plan to add some more overload cards when the mini set arrives!

I guess i could maybe add a lightning storm or doomhammer or maybe even earth elemental but those are all heavy overloads at 2 each!

Looking at it closer it makes most sense to maybe switch out the landslides for lightning storms? That would keep the deck mostly the same but give me 2 more overload cards.

Well ppl should stop netdecking.
I do belive, that quest shaman are strong, bc the first reward. I piloted my own version od quest shaman to legend early on the month. I didnt even had the pflame in it. What did have is the 5 mana 7/8 taunt whos name escapes me. And other good stuff, like the two mana repeat the battlecry legendary paired with the 3 mana draw two is insane in shaman. Never saw ppl playing that on my run.

This is already a common netdeck inclusion.

And will become even more common :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m a big Quest Shaman fan, but just to be clear, this is a 5 mana combo (requiring a legendary) that may draw 2-4 cards depending on whether you hit a nature spell or not…

2 Likes

I would like to see some cheap card to discover overload card in miniset, wouldnt mind even if it would be legendary.

1 Like

With Shaman’s pitiful card draw, no reason to not give it a means to discover. Plus, narrowly tailored discover to only overload cards won’t be a huge buff to aggro or elemental shaman which is good.

Im just saying that even with stuff, that not played by a pro stream is possible to be succesfull.

When i played the 5mana elemental it was still in august, i saw it very rarly back then. I dont play that much since then.

I’ve been running librarian and/or Rhoam (or whatever his name is) to compensate for the lack of draw. Works well, but the problem is also resource generation will now whiff more on giving you overloads.

I’m not sure the class will be dead, but it can’t really hang with the real late game decks, so making it slower might really hurt it, esp vs mage and DH.

So far the nerf to quest shaman has basically deleted it from play. I have not seen one since the nerfs went live.

Still seeing lots of demon seed fatigue locks though…

They killed the card in wild mode! If you play shaman, a word of advice: change your class, as the shaman is the worst class in this game, I consider it a hearthstone BUG!!

I have all the shaman cards, but today I consider the class a big BUG in the game, I’m about to get rid of everything! And I’ve played Big Shaman for a long time and today, the strong Big Shaman version was using the quest and even so it was 5/3 (5 games and 3 wins), after the nerf it doesn’t even work anymore because you can’t finish the mission ! (I built a Murloc Paladin deck…I won 20 games in a row!! Murloc Shaman I tried everything, never get a deck as broken as Murloc Pladin’s!! This game is crazy!! You can change the name of the game to it! Paladinstone!) I repeat: Change your class!! Paladin or Druid (They are the strongest classes in this game!) The game designer of the shaman class is responsible for shaman being this DRUCK… GAME BUG!!

Shaman is in a weird spot because the elemental package is very strong and consistent, so I am sure they are very nervous to adjust or buff it all in case of making elemental/aggro an unbeatable juggernaut which sucks because there are so many other creative paths they could take it. Shaman is, for lack of a better phrase, the hero I most “vibe” with.

Do you really think you have a team prepared to meet the community’s expectations? I laugh at you!! Look at the nerf they made with Ilucia, they killed the card and didn’t even lower the mana cost to 2 like it used to be. Owners don’t care about the game! They want to sell you something and that’s it!

My “team” is me and a variety pack of White Claw.

1 Like

I tested the shaman’s mission 5 times and found it much harder to accomplish, and it was in wild mode! It has already turned to dust, investing in the Druid, much stronger than the Shaman!

Are you the game designer of the shaman class??
If it really is you, then why is shaman the worst class in the game?? Much irresponsibility for you to do competent work!
Shaman sucks! Changing classes little by little, if I reach the legend with another class, I erase my entire shaman collection, it’s already rubbish!

It is much harder in average to play one extra overload in a class which has extremely limited draw option than deal 3 more damage to yourself in a class, that has “deal 2 damage yourself hero power” and other 6 cards to deal damage to yourself (+fatigue turn 8-9).

To be fair, shaman needed nerf. But yeah, it needs card draw. 2 mana spell draw 3, 2 overload sounds fair compared to drawing options for mage or warlock.

2 Likes

Shaman, today after nerfs it sucks, it doesn’t have a working deck! For me that invest a lot in this class, today I see the truth, it is a big BUG in the game! The game should delete the class and return the arcane dust cost of your junk class cards and skins to us! In the end it’s all the fault of the idiot game designer who created these stupid and inefficient cards!! I’ll tell you that I built a paladin deck for the most playable mode: wild mode and played 20 games and won 20 games! I knew it was BROKEN, I just didn’t know it was VERY BROKEN! From a former shaman fan to another fan of this immoral class: Don’t spend your money on it and change classes!! The warlock took 2 card bans and still has strong and efficient cards, because the game designer did his job very well, and the intern who takes care of the shaman has to be put out of the company!