Quest Rogue CHANGED?

So today I played a game of quest rogue, and I noticed that when you use Crystal Core the stats on my minions are white not green. And when I used sonya shadowdancer, and rushed my minions in for a trade they came back to my hand as 1/1 instead of 4/4 which was really weird because before they used to come back into my hand as 4/4s. Is this like a recent change or something? Cause I remember like a week or two ago this wasn’t the case.

1 Like

3 nerfs on the same card, is this a record?

4 Likes
New Crystal Core Implementation

We have updated the functionality of the Rogue quest reward Crystal Core in order to address some inconsistencies. This new functionality also applies to Dark Pharaoh Tekahn’s Battlecry effect.

• After Crystal Core is played, the base copies of your minions will now have 4/4 stats. The stat numbers will appear as white, instead of the green text indicating a buff. This means that if your opponent steals or silences your minion, it will remain as a 4/4.
    • Additionally, minions currently in play will receive a onetime effect that sets their stats to 4/4, overriding current enchantments and clearing damage.
  • Some interactions will change under this new functionality. Cards that create a copy of a minion with specifically stated stats (Sonya Shadowdancer, Prince Taldaram, Barnes, etc) will now work as written on the card text. For example, the minion summoned by Barnes will be a 1/1, instead of a 4/4.
2 Likes
  • Sonja etc. now “work as intended” (summoning/creating 1/1s)
  • Minions on board get reset to a 4/4 status

The card itself wasn’t changed, but the mechanic behind the scenes - hence Team 5 does not offer full dust. I’m okay with that, since I don’t normally destroy non-surplus cards just for the dust value.
As for the pitchfork crowd, look here:

Speaking as a rare Rogue player who doesn’t have Cavern.

My only contention is the “work as intended” part. Why did they wait so long after Cavern went into Wild to decide it was intended to not work on summoned minions.

1 Like

Because of the new Warlock legendary I assume. Because it certainly wasn’t an accident that the Rogue quest was working this way for more than two years.

I’m still confused as to how a ‘mechanics change’ that significantly negatively impacts the power of a card isn’t a nerf. It seems like semantical nonsense specifically to avoid giving the dust return. I don’t say this as someone who has the quest, I dusted mine at rotation.

Frankly it is a nerf and for one of the worst reasons possible. There are a tonne of Warlock cards in Wild and the odds of getting just the one you want to complete your trifecta of nasty is well… incredibly low. Seems like a big misstep when there are other wild-meta decks that have been an issue for far longer. Those should have been hammered first.

The nerf just doesn’t make any sense. Why is Crystal Core applied BEFORE the minion’s new base stats? Why is the interaction “Sonya creates minion, but doesn’t set it stats yet. Then Crystal Core sets the stats at 4/4. Then finally Sonya sets the minion’s stats at 1/1”. How does that make sense? The previous interaction where a minion is first generated in its entirety before Crystal Core affects it made way more sense.

Then they need to fix barnes a 1/1 should be rezzed as such