Quest progression is not being updated

Not only is the quest bug a problem (So it appears whatever they broke and screwed up impacted other features of the game), just finished an arena run and got a card pack in my chest. Go to the card pack redemption area… Oh look! No card pack there waiting for me to open!

-quit
-reload

AMAZING! A card pack MAGICALLY appeared with no explanation as to why I received it. I can only assume that it was the pack I was supposed to have gotten when I opened my arena chest and claimed the rewards. But we all know what they say about using the word assume. Perhaps Blizzard could elaborate on why I received this pack so I don’t make an Equus asinus of me and those that are not me.

Edit 6h later: Oh look! it just happened again. This magical card pack.

Checking known issues, they know about the quest bug.

Edit 2: It’s like the energizer bunny… Still looking…

They make no mention of it happening to arena card packs. I wonder if I should tell them it happened when I claimed my:

as it did not appear either until I restarted. This is not listed either in known issues. So far we have 3 issues, 1 they know about, 2 they don’t after 6 days (I think that’s about right).

It doesn’t take a university degree developer to correlate that the problem didn’t happen prior to the patch and then appeared after the patch.

It would be safe to pursue the fact that going through only the lines of code that were changed with the previous patch rather than all millions(?) billions(?) lines of code to try and find the issue might be the fastest route, and since they accomplished and patched it in 1 week, finding it should be just as quick if not sooner since they are not really writing a bunch of stuff, and actually doing more reading than writing, debugging what they wrote.

But meh, my common sense must be off since I’m not a university degree developer with 7+ years exp.