Quest Paladin Support

I didnt see any threads on this but it looks like along with the run paladin cards package, they are getting Silver Hand Recruit support

Common · Minion · Murder at Castle Nathria · Deathrattle: Add 2 Silver Hand Recruits to your hand.

Common · Minion · Murder at Castle Nathria · Battlecry: Summon two Silver Hand Recruits. Infuse ( ): Give them +2 Attack and Divine Shield.

Legendary · Minion · Murder at Castle Nathria · Deathrattle: Give the next Silver Hand Recruit you summon +3/+3 and this Deathrattle.

Sinful Sous looks absolutely INSANE with quest, it is 3 activations in itself as long as the silver hand recruits are on different turns

5 Likes

Man, I love all this deathrattle stuff. That Legendary looks super fun to play. Quest Paladin could very well be a real thing.

Loving everything I’m seeing so far.

3 Likes

its all too slow, prove me wrong if you want

paladin needs a dude hero card

Hope so because i just got the paladin quest from the free prime legendary.

Right now, two things I’m very excited about. Firstly, Volatile Skeleton Mage looks amazing.
Per tendency, it would seem warlock cards are being revealed last – bummer. That has historically been my favorite class. I haven’t played it much since the Voyage, because it, frankly, was not my preferred playstyle. Lastly, I am looking forward to a Damaged Warrior, that relies on pinging their own minions so as to buff them.

Several months ago, I attempted such a deck (Damaged Warrior), but with no avail. I will have to take a gander on what is left in standard for synergy.

1 Like

It looks like they’re going back to some roots with classes.

1. Silverhand Recruit Paladin
  2. Damage Warrior

My guess is that Warlock is going to get Discard support, which makes sense considering there are several cards in standard that are unplayable without the support (High Priestess Jeklik - which was recently added to standard…why?). Lots of discard stuff was added to core with seemingly no support? I don’t think so. I’m certain that discard lock is coming this expansion.

I know this is a massive highroll and not worth playing Rivendare for, but if you can get Stewart to die with Rivendare in play, your Hero Power’s going to summon a 9/9 + 3/3 each turn unless the 9/9 stays alive. That’s pretty hilarious. Especially if you can get the 9/9 to die before Rivendare dies.

1 Like

you could use umbra to activate it right away, then play silver hands from hand

In standard you can Gorgon your Stewart and have 2 of the deathrattles rolling at all times.

Obviously very greedy, but would be fun to see it rolling. Unfortunately, as with all fun Deathrattle Paladin shenanigans in the past, Priest completely destroys you and with everyone having access to the neutral silence tech, and surely running it in a meta filled with deathrattles, Stewart’s DR effect won’t last long.

Yes, this is the better way to go. Just drop Umbra and each time you play a Silverhand Recruit, it will trigger giving you a rolling effect.

Aside from the 1 drop the rest seem to be slow, and then the 1 drop is only good in faster deck if the rest of your deck is really into the dudes and tokens, which isn’t easy to make work.

That said in theory pally has control and value stuff, so on paper one can try to build a quest deck that is about slowly controlling, out healing, and eventually out valuing the opponent with upgraded dudes and whatever big things you may run. These new cards may help there, with quest being an alternative to running cariel hero (since obviously cariel hero power clashes with quest reward)

But it’s not like people couldn’t try that idea now, but obviously quest pally in a control deck hasn’t shown itself to be as good as just going with cariel or big pally or the other stuff (big pally also clashes with quests as quest want 1 drops but 1 drop minions clash with big pally)

Another problem is that quest pally as late game isn’t the best against other late game win cons. Other slow decks just might be able to hold can hold off those dudes for a while, and then they drop their win condition that can kill you through the dudes. So that’s another reason why if pallies were going to go control, right now they are going for cariel or big pally or some other deck (kazakusan?) instead of quest.

i;d love to see someone get it to work, i’ll give it a go, but, unless they give paladin some real 1 cost stuff to work with, its never gonna happen, they could at least allow us to use duplicates

Whichever dev thought up the name “Stewart the Steward” has a horrible sense of humour and I deeply respect them for it.

3 Likes

The reference is actually even more silly :wink:

https://www.wowhead.com/npc=163447/stewart

It’s Stewart, the Steward of the Stew Ward (cooking related)

1 Like

The biennial “dude support” is finally here and this time it will obviously work :lying_face:

we need more permanent buffs for dudes- something like they have taunt this game.

• i would consider replacing the first step of questline with this effect.
    and maybe replace second with your hero powers summon silver hand recruit - as an additional effect so if you swap hero power you will always have 3/3 on board along with it.
    and buff vilefin inquisitor summons to count as silver hand recruits.
    nerf direct buffs on silver hand recruits in favor of long term buffs - something like pursuit of justice
1 Like

Epic · Minion · Whispers of the Old Gods · Battlecry: Your Hero Power becomes

this card should say, your silver hand recruits count as murlocs this game

i would love to build that wild deck

for clarity, they are still silver hand recruits, they just have the murloc tribe added to them for the rest of the game

1 Like

I do love me some dry humour :rofl:

1 Like

can someone tell me why the vilefin change i want would be over powered? or is it not?

Its not, but theres no point in changing an old cards affect so drastically just because. Wouldnt be surprised if something like that comes up in the future

don’t waste your time playing paladin. it’s a trap