Prestor's Pyromancer - inaccurate text

Prestor’s Pyromancer text says “Battlecry: Your next Fire spell has Spell Damage +2.”

The implication in the text is that because it does not say “this turn,” then the spell damage can be banked to be used on the next fire spell, that may be cast next turn, or the turn after ,or 3 turns down, etc… in other words, the text for this card does not say that this effect is only for the turn the card is played on.

The actual effect reflects that, though. If you play Pyromancer, you get the +2 spell damage, it’s not bound to the body, so if he somehow gets destroyed right after being played, the spell damage will still apply, and the sparkling effect is shown on your hero portrait to reflect that. However, if you end your turn without playing a fire spell, the card’s effect expires, and won’t be banked for “the next Fire spell” as the text suggests, but rather, it’s confined to just the turn you play Pyromancer on.

Are you sure you didn’t play a non-damaging Fire spell, like Hot Streak?
I’m pretty sure Prestor’s Pyromancer works past the end of the turn. I remember banking one for a future Ignite or Fireball.

This is similar to the “your next spell costs 2 less” effect and the person playing The Coin, which would use up the effect.

Once a Battlecry has been played, the Battlecry will stick around, even after the minion who had it dies. Just because a Defender of Argus dies, doesn’t mean the adjacent minions lose Taunt and +1/+1.

1 Like

Just came here to report the same bug. I’m not sure the order details, but my interaction with it was in arena. I played Prestor’s pyromancer and then played flame ward. In the recap on the left, it showed having spell damage +2 (so it read deal 5) but when it actually was triggered, it only dealt three damage to all enemies. For sure this interaction needs reviewing.