Prepare for Mercenaries—Coming October 12!

Blizzard, I’ve only had just a peek, but a HS RPG sounds awesome!!!

Too bad these boards are filled with pessimists due to the last few years of burning people. Packs are fine as long as we can open some with gold.

1 Like

Why do you expect me to pay for mercenaries when you refuse to fix the Hearthstone mode of Hearthstone?

6 Likes

What coming next? Candycrash HS :rofl: :candy: :lollipop: and their disgusting scamming practices :money_mouth_face:

4 Likes

So, Hearthstone is already pretty big on mobile devices - 3.5GB+. I wouldn’t be surprised if Mercenaries adds another GB on top of that. And ups the system requirements.

5 Likes

Seems cool. And frankly, I’m amazed that it’s taken this long to get characters from other Blizz games into Hearthstone.

1 Like

First of that, fix your game. Awfull and infuriating meta in both formats.

2 Likes

I’m frustrated with the game and you troll your market with this game mode… I won’t invest any more. And how will Activision Blizzard look after the lawsuits ?? Is this the reason for the high cost ??

2 Likes

I’m excited, but from the looks of it, it seems likes those random apps that make you “control your kingdom.” I’m just praying to god it’s like a rogue-lite system. But I can already tell there will be a heavy gacha system to grab the best mercenaries.

2 Likes

No, I will be passing instead of preparing. I am done with the game right now. Unless the meta changes, I can’t see myself playing again.

2 Likes

I just barely realized what they’re trying to sell us is basically a turn based rpg without the menu in hearthstone wrapping. Kinda weird to think of hearthstone making a mode that looks just like their pet battles or a rpg maker.

I was so surprised when I saw the new game mode “Mercenaries”! I can’t wait that day when I’ll play it! It looks really incomparable! So many opportunities, new mechanics! I wish a good luck for Blizzard team and new ideas!

2 Likes

I would buy the WoW 6-months sub, if I had not already bought my HS Tavern Pass at the launch of United in Stormwind (before this announcement…). Buying the 6-months sub would now feel like having wasted the 20€ for the tavern pass. :frowning:

Well it annoys me it’s basically a pve auto battler I’ll try it

How much will it cost, on average, to complete a collection for this mode with maxed abilities and all mercenaries? How many thousands of dollars? Or how many thousands of hours of playtime to, if possible, earn it all through playing? Just a question to think about before spending $50 on a starter pack.

1 Like

This set came with quests and their so powerful practically no one doing anything but running them and only like 3 quests are very good

1 Like

there are several viable decks without quests in them

Is this JUST more Pokemon? I mean, it was a little original with WoW pets, but I am just a pleb. My opinions is feeble minded and irrelevant.

Yeah they’re just aggro, face aggro, or elemental aggro, or aggro. but at least since quest shaman was discovered it’s not quite as much aggro.

The problem is when there’s too much quest shamans apparently quest mages at low mmr and skilled quest handlocks at high mmr come out to slaughter the deck, and strong decks like buff pally and secret pally go 50 50 or beat it with divine shield come out.

technically i guess lock doesn’t need the quest, but it’s a free 1 mana lifesteal fireball even if it lowers hand size. it also means you can’t beat the quest by attempting to outremove it and the quest is free to run the 4 mana deal 5 damage aoe. Which completely inverts it’s aggro matchup a ton honestly.

I wonder if we can dust mercenaries or coins for mercenaries we have no intention of playing. That way F2P players can have a full experience as long as they settle for fleshing out only 6-12 mercenaries and not all 50.

Similar to how regular HS F2P players can have fun playing 2-3 decks.

i dont think fel DH is an aggro deck

and isnt handbuff paladin a mid range deck?