Please buff Priest - the Worst class shouldn't be this bad

Priest is abysmal. None of its standard archetypes work well; it is on par with Warlock where it was several months ago. For an average player, it is a waste. When I’m done playing other classes and would like to dabble in Priest again, sometimes I just look at my library and close the game without queuing into anything.

And as Big Priest remains far more popular than its winrate could justify, please help it. It’s a fun, minion-based deck, and the gods know Priest could do with more of that.

1 Like

Top legend highlander priest is laughing.

Same, because to play the class properly you need to waste 30-40 minutes at every game, with no win condition but “outvaluing the opponent”. That’s why maybe I should try to use the corrupt package in it

2 Likes

I do decently with corrupt priest. IT actually has an early board to compete with and lots of late game power via corrupted minions. Hard mulligan for Xanesh against control and early plays vs. aggro. It’s by no means a power house but with the right mulligans it can hold its own.

I show a 48% win rate but I always concede against priest which skews the percentage. I’ve only played 30-ish games at lower ranks so it could definitely use some tweaking.

NoHandsGamer has been experimenting with a Nazmani / Verilweaver value deck which he does decently with. Then again, he’s NoHandsGamer.

Xanesh Corrupt Priest

Class: Priest

Format: Standard

Year of the Phoenix

2x (1) Renew

2x (2) Horrendous Growth

2x (2) Insight

2x (3) Apotheosis

2x (3) Darkmoon Dirigible

2x (3) Fairground Fool

2x (3) Hysteria

2x (3) Palm Reading

2x (4) Auspicious Spirits

2x (4) Circus Medic

1x (4) The Nameless One

1x (5) Dark Inquisitor Xanesh

2x (5) Fleethoof Pearltusk

2x (7) Strongman

1x (8) Murozond the Infinite

2x (9) Blood of G’huun

1x (10) Y’Shaarj, the Defiler

AAECAa0GBI6xA5jeA/zeA/njAw2TugOvugOz3APU3gPi3gPj3gP63wP73wPH4QPm4QPq4QP14QP44wMA

To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

1 Like

48% winrate is very bad, I’m sorry. You can’t climb that way :hushed:

It’s nice that you wanna help, but are proving his point. Priest could use some love

2 Likes

Yes, Priest needs help badly.

I get that a lot of people don’t like playing against Priest.
But a lot of people really enjoy playing Priest too, please don’t destroy it.

The main issue people have with Priest seems seems to be randomness?
If so, remove the randomness sure, but please add good creatures etc. to balance it out.

1 Like

Priest player and hater can agree that the rondom mechanic is dumb. It feels oppressive to play against and weak to play with :pleading_face:

As I said, I auto-concede vs. priest so 48% isn’t the actual number. I also said “can hold its own” not “priest is perfectly fine as is.” :slight_smile: There are decks out there with over 50% win rates in over 1500 games.

People love to say “class X sucks.” It would be much better if they posted their deck and got input.

1 Like