Petition to decrease the timer from 75 secs to 30 seconds

Like the above title. This is to resolve the ongoing issue with ropers and griefers. A simple fun game becomes an irritating and time consuming 15-30mins past time.

A simple adjustment on a timer per turn.

There you go Blizzard, Problem solved!

3 Likes

You propose a 30 second rope timer?
Seems you never played a complex deck.

Yes, for most turns 75 seconds is overkill. I know. I agree. That’s why I click that button when my time is up, and I hate those who don’t just as much as you do.
But many of my decks sometimes have turns where even the allowed 75 seconds is not enough. When you have a full hand, a complex board state, and you also play cards that need animation time before showing me e.g. what minions were summoned or what cards were added to my hand, then I sometimes NEED those 75 seconds.

So no. Reducing the time to 30 seconds is not a good solution. Unless we all decide to stop playing control, mid-range, combo, OTK, and meme decks and every single player only plays aggro from now on.

1 Like

Dear poster,

As a once sighted, regular HS player, who lost his vision round 6 years ago, I am asking for your solidarity regarding this request of yours:

Namely, a genius programmer made it possible for us blind, to play the game with our screen readers, and hundreds of us, both once sighted, old players, both new ones who just joined, are already playing the game regularily right now.

Due the lack of sight, we use screen reader, which reads us all the cards, plus all the battle actions and comments, we can play the game almost totally perfectly now, but we still need more…so not less, but a bit more time to be able to follow battle turns properly, and to finish our own turn on time.
(so it does happen we simply can’t manage that)

This is why we would welcome slightly longer turns instead of even shorter ones, 15, 10, or even 5 seconds time limit increase for turns would be warmly welcomed by us, but again, by no means even shorter period than the current one.

Hope you will show some understanding toward our community and situation, and reconsider this request of yours accordingly.

Regards.

3 Likes

Oh, I’m so sorry to hear that and I hope you are doing well but, I think it’s time to move on and find a different game. Maybe you could try play a more simpler game like chess perhaps. I just don’t think this is a game suitable to your needs

Regards.

Seems to me this is the solution to ropers. I never like spending too much time on a turn more than it should be.

You mentioned that playing a more complex deck requires a lot of time and strategy and lowering the time limit would be unacceptable.

Well my friend, that should be part of the game. You will have to think more quickly.

Wouldn’t it be great for the game to encourage people and younger generations to think more quickly and efficiently by playing a turn based card game 30 seconds per turn instead of 75 seconds? Instead of implying to play slowly but careful, which by the way gives opportunity for malicious griefers to abuse the timer, wouldn’t this world be a better place if the game encourages people to think quickly and efficiently?

Think about it: slow but efficient VS quick but efficient. Which do you think is better? If time is valuable to you, you’d probably prefer the latter if not, then that means you be one of those people who doesn’t respect time.

Again since you mention that complex decks require a lot of time to think about, by the time you master your deck, you’ll be able to think of plays for your deck faster and more efficiently anyway. Am I right?

You mentioned that playing a more complex deck requires a lot of time and strategy and lowering the time limit would be unacceptable.

Well my friend, that should be part of the game. You will have to think more quickly.

Wouldn’t it be great for the game to encourage people and younger generations to think more quickly and efficiently by playing a turn based card game 30 seconds per turn instead of 75 seconds? Instead of implying to play slowly but careful, which by the way gives opportunity for malicious griefers to abuse the timer, wouldn’t this world be a better place if the game encourages people to think quickly and efficiently?

Think about it: slow but efficient VS quick but efficient. Which do you think is better? If time is valuable to you, you’d probably prefer the latter if not, then that means you be one of those people who doesn’t respect time.

Again since you mention that complex decks require a lot of time to think about, by the time you master your deck, you’ll be able to think of plays for your deck faster and more efficiently anyway. Am I right?

Look, HS was one of my all time favorite games while sighted, actually in top 3 of online games I ever played.

Excuse me, but now, when my dream finally came true after 6 years of waiting and hoping, and I can play it again, along with all other blind and visually impared HS fan gamers, I, and all others of us, should give it up merely because you, and maybe a few other sighted players, have no patience to wait for 75 seconds for a turn, you really consider that for the right solution?
(not as if we would have too many other alternatives when it comes to similar games, as you can imagine)

I repeat, I really think we need some tolerance to be shown here, that Guide Dev named programmer is doing a true magic making this game accessible and playable with screen reader, you suggesting us to find a different game instead means totally ignoring not only our blind/visually impared gamer community, but also all efforts and results of such a generous and genius person…

Wishing for a type of ignore list in the game, preventing us to be drawn against the players added to it, with this last comment of yours, you definitely deserved to be added to mine.

Are you aware of how many people you are ignoring with this proposal of yours?

(can’t post links here, but both our Hearthstone topic forum and discord channel has way over 100 regular participants, the forum thread has over 1400 replies so far, in like 2 months time)

You would really want HS to lose this many enthusiastic, regular players, merely due your 35 seconds impatience?

(still can’t believe you are serious with this)

1 Like

@ CocoRococo, I’ll be blunt. Your reaction to @ Caccio72’s is… disgusting not to mention inconsiderate, to a lot of people. I’m a blind player who plays hearthstone as well and no, the solution is not; as you so eloquently put it; go find another game this isn’t the right one for you… if this was the case, the amount of visually impaired people who are playing hs wouldn’t be doing so. Besides, as other people have said, for some decks 75 seconds aren’t long enough, depending on the deck. And if your so impatient that you cant wait then… Go find another game to play, as hs is clearly not the right one for you… given your lack of patience, apparently. Maybee chess would suit you? Actually… nevermind, that game normally requires much more waiting time than 75 seconds so count that out. That, or just play with a select group of people who take their turns fast… Good luck finding them, though. I for one tend to take my turns pretty quick… however as @ Caccio72 said, if the game had a ignore feature, your reaction and lack of tolerance towards other people, i.e, blind, in this case, would make me add you to the ignore list without hesitation.
With that beeing said, maybee a better solution would be to be able to give a headsup to the other player somehow? Not sure how doable this is but just throwing it out there. That, or a timer could be proposed between both players, much like the deck sharing option when playing friendly, and the game would then match you with someone who selected the same time limit. Personally though, I don’t mind the 75 seconds one bit, its just a matter of beeing patient.

2 Likes

How old are you guys? And as a person who is blind, how could you guys even find the time and effort to find this post to begin with?

Enlighten me. How does your screen reader work? I reckon that you guys really have to wait for the whole screen reader to talk before you make a move? If that’s the case, then 75 seconds really isn’t enough, i agree. Your notion regarding a timer proposed at the beginning of the game could work. That IS a very viable solution, perhaps.

But it seems that you guys have a lot of time to dabble with, which by the way isn’t the case for most busy people like me. It’s not the issue of being impatient but rather how much luxury of a time you are willing to invest in a single HS match. See it as how you would balance work and play life. If a single hearthstone match takes 30 mins of your time and let’s say you only have 2 hours of play in a single day, that means you can only play 4 matches everyday. I know it’s just an exaggeration but imagine where the fun would that be? You guys probably have all day to play, so you wouldn’t care much about that, but what about those people who doesn’t have all day to play?

And so, I am just curious. I know this is off-topic but Are you guys working or Living on a pension…?

2 Likes

Well I was a once sighted HS player, don’t know for those who haven’t played it sighted, but having general experience with the game helps me a lot.

Namely, I most often don’t wait till screen reader reads everything, but after my or opponents moves, in cases when I already know what the effect, outcome will be, I just press a button to move on, waiting for opponents next move.
(normally the same counts for my turn too, when I am playing already known, well remembered cards)

But even then, in cases when i have many cards in hand, lots of decisions to make, especially when playing cards with the effect of selecting, discovering a card, I still need lots of time for a turn, for I must hear and check the cards to select from, and those discovered cards are often some I never heard of yet, so don’t know their effects, what they do, so must hear their full description, aka cost, type, effects…I assume those of us blind, who only recently started playing HS, so without a general game experience like mine, need even more time to make decisions in such mentioned situations and cases.

That is why I made an appeal to increase the turn time limit slightly, even 5 more seconds would mean a lot to us, but the more the better, without it really becoming too long…but that suggestion was obviously totally ignored by Blizzard, so I sincerely hope it will happen to this one too.

Anyway, the most of us definitely need some practice and routine to learn how to play faster, (still need some of it myself too), fast enough to finish our turns in time, especially in above described situations, while there are also some of us, more adept and experienced with their screen readers, who need less of such practice for sure, and can maybe finish all their turns on time, regardless of how many moves, actions they take…but I assume those are the minority of us, for as I heard, sometimes it happens even to sighted, that they have problems to finish their turn on time.
(hell, I remember it happening to me too sometimes while sighted, true, rarely, but it still happened)

just wow…

your views of the non sighted folk is really out of the 1950s. Almost every blind person ive ever met was at work when I met them. The last one I met was working as a General manager at Lowes, and the one before that was an exterminator for a local pest control company. He did that neat echo location technique with his mouth by clicking to give him his sense of a room or his surroundings outside. He could tell where the bed was all that without spraying anywhere a sighted person wouldn’t. At the time I saw this I was a young teenager, so it was a very impressive feat for my low exposure to that spectrum of the human community.

What if they too only have time for 2 hours of gameplay and at most can squeeze in 4 matches as well? Think before you type, put yourself in their position with the exact same problem you are proposing for yourself. If you were without sight, had only 2 hours of playtime for HS in a day, and now someone wants to cut down your playtime because they think you have all day to play when they know absolutely nothing about you or your lifestyle.

I imagine you are used to the taste of your own foot by now. If I were you I’d get over the timer before they make it longer. It is not considerate if you end your turn early, it is merely expedient for you in order to get to your next turn faster. It is clear what you consider generosity is mostly self serving. Given your antique views of the unsighted community it doesn’t surprise me.

30 secs is not enough for newer players sometimes. Maybe at certain ranks or in certain modes?