Patch 29.2.2 made the game worse

Summary of this patch:

Wheel Warlock deleted (biggest loss)
Rainbow Mage deleted
Nature Shaman deleted (good riddance)
Plague DK deleted (only shtick was to counter highlander)

Reno Warrior now dominates meta.

Token Hunter raises to counter, but people don’t like to play that boring deck.

Only bright spot is experimentation with Reno Druid and Reno Shaman, but they still lose to Reno Warrior.

Players are bored and player agency did not get improved.

Whoever designed this patch failed.

4 Likes

You’re not wrong. I mainly play warlock, and right now our only viable deck is Pain, which I don’t particularly enjoy.

Anyway, my advice is to be patient. Take a break if and until the issues you are having are resolved. See that you can’t, perhaps, find a deck and playstyle you can have fun with. I’m currently playing with Mining Rogue, and really love it, despite not being very good.

3 Likes

The good news is that you can win plenty of games just by targeting Warrior with random nonsense. You’ll lose to Hunter and possibly, you know, the other decks…but Warrior is so common that it’s fine.

I’ve been having some fun with Hero Power Meme Druid, which craps on Warrior with 24-36 damage OTKs, and Wish Upon a Star OTK Shaman, both homebrew.

The Shaman deck actually does very well against Hunter and Druid. Baking Soda Volcano, 4-mana Aftershocks, and Golganneth are really good at beating aggro decks.

2 Likes

the people in charge of this game are beginners at best. while it is sad to see them fail repeatedly, it has happened again and again for years now. no big surprise unfortunately.

How the hell does wish upon a star lend itself to a otk lol, isn’t that the minion buff or was it the minion summons?

I personally love hitting warriors with double doom kin then just play some garbage win condition and see them struggle trying to figure out what the hell they should do. Unfortunately drawing two doom kin is not reliable.

1 Like

Hagatha, shudderblock and Al’Akir. If you are really greedy like myself you would add Therazane to flex by having a 30 attack charge windfury minion.

1 Like

I have a “conspiracy” theory that is probably true. They try to ALWAYS HAVE A DISRUPTION EVERY MIDDLE OF THE MONTH; it shakes the metagame up and disrupts balances; it makes people struggling to find new decks in the middle of the month before the ranking is done so it sells more packs for dust and cards.

Look at this month we just entered; supposedly we are a “boring” meta that everything is more balanced than before right; wrong: in mid-May we’ll have an explosion of changes since the miniset drops.

1. Hagatha and Shudderblock are the only battlecries in the deck. Wish Upon a Star x2 are the only expensive spells in the deck.

2. Hard Mulligan for Fairy Tale Forest location, unless you’re up against aggro ofc.

3. Pray you draw Hagatha before either WUaS.

4. Pray you don’t get overwhelmed while you play Shudderblock > WUaS battlecry > Miniblock + WUaS battlecry.

5. Al’akir now has 15 attack!

Deck is stuffed with card draw and board clears, and Therazane plus lifesteal elementals. It’s about as good as BRnR Warrior in FoL. Dominates Warriors.

Unfortunately I didn’t see a single Warrior after reset, last night.

Oh hey, I thought I was the only person doing this. I came up with my own list and haven’t seen anybody else playing with WUaS since the expansion launched.

2 Likes

I wasn’t that quick to create it, but i developed a reno version. My original version has kind of became useless now.

1 Like