Owlonius Effect Bug

I Owlonius seems to be doubling a cards damage 2x instead of just the spell damage. Here is a link to a game I just played hsreplay .net/replay/fz3wMGnuBQGQdzsbj725RY .
On the last turn the druid does the combo with just 2 spell damage on board but seems to be getting +6 damage on living roots and then +8 damage for swipe.

Owlonius also doubles the spell damage effects. Opponent gained +1 spell damage from location and +1 spell damage from Owlonius, and Owlonius also doubled it, acting like they had +4 spell damage. No bug.

1 Like

must not have watched the replay if that is your conclusion, the living roots was doing 8(+6) and the swipe 12(+8) and aoe of 6(+5) clearly a bug somewhere as there is no consistency.

Edit: reread original and just realized it would coincide with +2spell damage then X2 damage

hsreplay .net/replay/FSyoPS8fM7GDucoDEBoXe8#turn=11b here’s another example

hsreplay .net/replay/FSyoPS8fM7GDucoDEBoXe8#turn=11b here’s another example

so… not a bug

1 Like

What do you mean not a bug ?
How do you start from a spell that deals 4 and 1 to deal 14 and 8 ?
How does the same spell benefit from +10 and +7 damage at the same time ?
How do you get +7 spell damage by doubling your spell damage ?

1 Like

Hi everyone, ofc there’s a bug, I’ve been playing owlonius decks A LOT and suddenly the dmgs don’t make sense anymore.

The damages seem to be calculated as follow :
Old calculation : total spell dmg * 2^number_of_owlonius + the actual dmg of the spell
New calculation : (total spell dmg + the actual dmg of the spell) * 2^number_of_owlonius.

To sum it up owlonius now doubles the damage of the spell as if it were a bonus spell dmg.
A swipe with two owlonius :
Previous : 12+9 aoe
Now : 24 + 12 aoe

Isn’t it 24 + 18 with the bug ?

Nop.
One target : (4 + 1 + 1) * 2^2 = 6 * 4 = 24
Aoe : (1 + 1 + 1) * 2^2 = 3 * 4 = 12

1 Like

I checked how the card worked before, i confirm this is a bug.

so… not a bug?

strange that this would have been looked into AND addressed if it wasn’t a bug