Outland Challenge - Deck list used to beat all 9 boss

I made this post simply to share my experience and you should keep in mind that …

• In no way those deck are the best for each boss, please share if you got an easy mode deck for a specific boss.
  • All boss was kill in 3 try or less but I restart the match if I get a bad mulligan.
  • The first 3 boss was kill with a random standard deck I had to quickly test the content, which explain the ooze in the deck vs boss without weapon.
  • If you don’t feel like playing multiple deck, I personally think most boss can be kill with a basic resurrect priest deck with Alexstrasza + Sandhoof Waterbearer in it and some tech card when required.

BOSS

(1) Kazzak
(2) Gruul
(3) Magtheridon

Highlander (Hunter)
AAECAR8etQPHA4cE4QSKB5cI2wn8owPkpAOmpQPypQOEpwOKrQOLrQOOrQP5rgP7rwP8rwP+rwOHsAPnsAP/sAOCsQOHsQORsQPYsgOvtwODuQOiuQP/ugMAAA==

(4) Supremus

Enrage 2 (Warrior)
AAECAQcC0gLFBA5LkAOiBNQEjgWRBv8Hn6EDoaEDgqgD2a0Dq7YDnLsD174DAA==

(5) Gorefiend

Token - spell (Druid)
AAECAZICBOYF05wDsawDrroDDf4B/QLTA/cDxAa5lAPinwPbpQPlugPougPsugPuugPvugMA

(6) Shahraz

Highlander 3 (Priest)
AAECAZ/HAhIenwPFBO0F5Qf8owOZqQOfqQOIsQOOsQORsQPjtAOTugObugOvugPIvgPIwAPYwgMGigfXCoKUA9GlA9qsA82vAwA=

(7) Vashj

Highlander 2 (Priest)
AAECAZ/HAhQe3AGfA8UE7QXWCvyjA5mpA5+pA92rA46xA5GxA+O0A5O6A5u6A6+6A8i+A8jAA9jCA6LVAwXXCoKUA9GlA9qsA82vAwA=

(8) Kael’thas

Ressurect 2 (Priest)
AAECAZ/HAgTWmQOTmwPIvgPIwAMNyQaClAOZmwOhoQOvpQPRpQPypQOZqQPZrAPyrAPNrwOTugOvugMA

(9) Illidan

Enrage (Warrior)
AAECAQcE0gLFBJEGkAcNS5ADogTUBIoH/wefoQOhoQOCqAPZrQOktgOrtgOcuwMA

Why i play those deck

(1) Kazzak
(2) Gruul
(3) Magtheridon
Basically I quickly realize I couldn’t use wild card so I just pick up my best win ratio deck in standard and play it till I face a boss I couldn’t beat quickly. That’s why you see an ooze in my deck even tho I face weaponless boss.

(4) Supremus
First boss my highlander deck didn’t beat. Since the boss do a whirlwind every turn, I decided to pick up my Enrage warrior deck, switch a few cards and voila.

(5) Gorefiend
I notice you started with 3 zero spell and I was like “my token - spell druid deck will like this”. So after my first lost, I pick up my deck to make some test and see how I could tech it to beat him and … Kill it instead.

(6) Shahraz
I simply pick up my Highlander priest deck and put in some weapon removale. Why this deck, I had it in my deck list and I like playing it that’s all.

(7) Vashj
Simply remove the anti weapon from my previous deck and fill up with other cards and won.

(8) Kael’thas
I switch to ressurect priest because I was talking with a friend about this content and he made me realise how ressurect priest was a very strong deck vs most boss. So I decided to pick up a res priest deck from the net but add much more healing with Sandhoof and it work like a charm … I forgot to put Alexstrasza in the deck hahaha.

(9) Illidan
That boss have a similar effect compare to Supremus (4th boss) so I decided to pick up my enrage warrior deck, put in Alexstrasza in it and make a few try to figure out how to tech it … Kill the Boss instead.

1 Like

Gratz on winning.

To make it simple go to hsreplay get the current most popular Rez priest for others looking for decks thou.

Do every fight with that on one shot save kal and mag. For mag replace two cards for two pw pain draw them of start reroll of he don’t to one shot him once you have them. Kal add two of the spell that adds 2/6 lifesteal and 2 psychic splits Plus quest. To win in one go as you can heal by all the damage via the life steal and biffing with quest any minion with 6plus life he will pyro over you unless he’s holding Lethal in the next two turns so if your healing 20 a turn he can’t kill you.

Why craft a ton of decks when one is all you need. The above is how i did it.

Yeap, like I say ressurect priest should be able to beat pretty much everything.

Also I mixe up Shahraz and Vashj … oups sorry (edited)

Thanks. I’m getting my butt kicked so far (with Spell Mage and a few others) so I will give some of those a try if I have most of the cards, and report back.

I used this to beat: Supremus, Gorefiend, Shahraz and Kael’thas.

# Class: Druid
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Phoenix
#
# 1x (1) Untapped Potential
# 2x (2) Wrath
# 2x (3) Imprisoned Satyr
# 2x (4) Overgrowth
# 1x (4) Sky Gen’ral Kragg
# 2x (4) Swipe
# 2x (5) Oasis Surger
# 2x (5) Starfall
# 2x (6) Hidden Oasis
# 2x (6) Nourish
# 2x (6) Starfire
# 1x (7) Ancient of War
# 2x (7) Marsh Hydra
# 2x (7) Overflow
# 2x (7) Winged Guardian
# 1x (8) Jepetto Joybuzz
# 1x (9) Alexstrasza
# 1x (9) Ysiel Windsinger
AAECAZICBsUEiwjanQP4oQPztwPqugMMQFZftwbEBsiiA9ulA9mpA/+1A+S6A+i6A+26AwA=

it’s a quest-ysiel-alexstraza druid, not very optimized, but it wasn’t that hard to draw the combo and survive (against these heroes at least).

1 Like

Managed to beat the first two bosses with my Spell Mage deck but Magetheridon (I probably butchered that spelling) is proving to be stubborn. Think I will try and construct a custom deck for him. Still somewhat new so it could be a good learning exercise.

Spell mage is honestly one of the better decks for that boss as spells bypass taunt allowing you to keep control easy.

Eg this spell mage deck that many have said they did in one shot with:

AAECAf0EBqCbA4qeA+yvA4y2A8G4A427AwxNwwGeArsCyQOrBO0E7AeDlgO+pAO/pAPdqQMA

You dont even need the legos also so its a cheap spell mage deck.

i beat the first 6 with highlander hunter and minor adjustments,
a couple I though were impossible, down to 1 hp fatigue and stuff.

okay any decks that don’t need legendaries? like hyper budget decks?

Rez priest dosent need legandary. Catrina is a win more card that is not needed on any of the fights plus the boss focuses down any time played so only lives a turn in most cases so dosent make or break a match. Soul mirror is nice but screws up your rez pool so not worry in most cases. Gal is free so I don’t count him.

Archmage is the only really high value LEGO in that deck and it was also a free card awhile back thou if new might not have but worth the craft.

As such it meta both your requests no legos other than free legos while being a cheap craft and works for every single fight in fact one shoting most fights.

With the added bonus of being a meta deck so can use on ladder that has constantly been t2 or 3 for the last bit not the best deck for ladder but a competitive deck none the less.

1 Like

I used standard Galakrond priest for all the fights. Only needed to replay Gorefiend and Illidan once.

In most cases, the strategy is simply to run the opponent out of deck or hand.

1 Like

I do not have Alexstrasza. I am stuck on Illidan Stormrage.

There always is, at least, one crucial card that I am missing in any top netdeck for multiplayer or for solo adventures. I should probably stop dusting everything when I get upset with the meta. The recraft value is never valuable enough. I once owned all of the classic legendary dragons, but never at the same time. :roll_eyes: Deathwing twice.

1 Like

I beat Supremus first try with this deck.

Custom Priest

Class: Priest

Format: Standard

Year of the Phoenix

2x (0) Silence

2x (1) Embalming Ritual

2x (2) Shadow Word: Death

2x (3) Apotheosis

2x (4) Grave Rune

2x (4) Mass Dispel

2x (4) Shadow Word: Ruin

2x (5) Convincing Infiltrator

2x (6) Aeon Reaver

2x (6) Utgarde Grapplesniper

2x (7) Skeletal Dragon

1x (8) Murozond the Infinite

2x (8) Twin Tyrant

1x (9) Alexstrasza

1x (9) Mass Resurrection

1x (9) Plague of Death

1x (10) Deathwing

1x (10) Mind Control

AAECAZ/HAgYIxQTCBpmbA5+pA46xAwylCdMK1gqClAOspQPZrAOwrQODsQOZtgOvugPYwgOm1QMA

To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Finally clawed my way up to Lady Vashj, mostly using a resurrect Priest deck, which surprisingly was easy to build even without owning any legendaries or other expensive cards. Will report if I make it all the way with this one (yes, I’m taking the “scenic” route).

Here’s my “budget” Res Priest if anyone is interested:

Day of the Dead

Year of the Phoenix

2x (1) Embalming Ritual

1x (1) Holy Smite

2x (2) Penance

2x (2) Thoughtsteal

1x (3) Apotheosis

1x (3) Breath of the Infinite

1x (3) Wretched Reclaimer

2x (4) Grave Rune

2x (4) Holy Nova

2x (4) Mass Dispel

2x (4) Power Infusion

1x (4) Psychopomp

2x (5) Convincing Infiltrator

2x (5) Sandhoof Waterbearer

2x (6) Khartut Defender

1x (9) Mass Resurrection

2x (10) Mind Control

AAECAa0GBpcCmZsDr6UDtqUD8qwDr7oDDAgeyQbTCtYKgpQDoaEDrKUD0aUDmakD2awDo9UDAA==

To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Looking it over it looks like I did put one Epic in there that I had sitting around (Psychopomp). Still pretty budgety though.

I made a few tweaks to it depending on the hero. For example, I put in a couple of Acidic Swamp Oozes against the one with all the weapons (think it was the one before Vashj).

Hi,
I just want to update that I manage to take challenge Illidan down with this deck:

Custom Priest2

Year of the Gryphon

2x (0) Desperate Prayer

2x (1) Renew

2x (3) Death’s Head Cultist

2x (3) Devout Dungeoneer

2x (3) Fairground Fool

2x (3) Gift of Luminance

2x (4) Big Game Hunter

2x (4) Brittlebone Destroyer

2x (4) Circus Medic

2x (4) Hysteria

2x (4) Shadow Word: Ruin

2x (6) Devout Pupil

2x (6) Lightshower Elemental

1x (8) Natalie Seline

1x (9) Alexstrasza the Life-Binder

AAECAZ/HAgKwigTxnwQOk7oDp8sD1s4DwNEDs9wD1N4D+OMDmOoDmesDmusD8u4DwZ8E8J8ElKAEAA==

It took about 10 times to try, but worth of it. Tried before many other classes and decks.
Posted this here, because I couldn`t self find any deck idea that fits current Standard cards.
Hope this helps.
Good Luck!
Amoena

1 Like

You would think eventually they would allow wild decks for the challenge.