Opponent going first twice in a row in final match

Hey, i made a thread about this before and they still dont seem to want to fix this.

Beeing in final fight for top 1/2 in BG the opponent goes first twice in a row. (with his macaw first against my cleave first which would have killed his barron and stuff. It literally was ~50-50 both times according to calculater,depending on who went first. Its not nice to win or lose a match based on a 50-50 about who goes first twice in a row)
This is extremely annoying since going first is a considerable advantage in almost any battle. There is no need for this to happen,they can easily make it so that in fight for top 2 going first alternates (with the first fight it beeing random).

Its little effort to fix this,why they dont want do this i dont understand.

So ya,pls fix it so that you wont have to go 2nd two times or even 3 times (this did happen once as well in one of my games) in the final fight.
Its not fair.

1 Like

But this way it wouldnt be random anymore. I guess if the final 2 would go for 100000000 fights, you would see its kinda close to 50-50. (I bet 48-52 or something like that because its almost impossible to reach 50-50)

I dunno,it just feels like its not fair and it feels very bad losing that way.
Like there is rng,a lot (as i lost a few 2% today as well lol). I can accept that,its part of the game.
But the rng in the final fight of who goes first somehow feels worse because it feels like its not needed and and it feels very unfair to go 2nd two times or even 3 times in a row. 1000000 fights yes lol,but final fight is 1-4 fights max usually.
This thread is a salt thread but i still think its a valid point. There is no need to have this happen and they should change this imo.

RNG is RNG - yeah it sucks, but you can’t base your build around hoping to go first really - makes it a bit of a glass cannon…

It might feel bad, but it’s as fair as it can be. And a one in four chance isn’t exactly uncommon.

I went 2nd 5 times in a row against last guy in BG once, and finally lost when he got super lucky on 1 fight.

The RNG is battleground is pure garbage. Same thing with “random” opponent, when you just face the same 3-4 guys again and again every 3 rounds, and never play against the others.

3% chance of going second five times in a row. Unlucky, but not much worse chances than rolling a critical hit in D&D.

I have to agree with OP here. No reason to still let RNG declare who gets the first turn when you’ve already faced the same opponent the previous round: in that case just let the other player go first guaranteed.

Of course, if 1 player for some reason has fewer minions in the final round (I once had: at 2 coins it was better for me if I sold my 7th “throw-away”-minion for a new minion that turned into a golden with 2 I had on the field, than freezing and leaving it for next turn), then the RNG would obviously reset, letting the player with more minions go first and the next time both players have the same amount again it’s once again randomized who goes first.

you deserve your name :stuck_out_tongue:

That knowledge is extremely powerful, for both sides. Are you sure it’s worth the perceived increase in fairness?

1 Like

By that time of the game, there’s hardly any room to make replacements in your line-up to take more advantage of knowing you go first. And as for your existing line-up, your line-up already has Macaw in first place, etcetera: knowing you go first doesn’t change that.

Also, knowing you go first gives you less of an advantage than going first twice in a row.

That’s not even remotely true, it’s exactly the best time for a tech card to get slotted in.

Certain counters aren’t worth using if you don’t know who attacks first, but can be utterly devastating if you do.

Mand you make very bad arguments as usual. Comparing going first to a critical hit in d&d lol. Also my build doesnt depend on going first,going first is almost always a considerable advantage no matter what build you have. I dont know if you actually play BG, judging by your comments you dont. Why comment on a post about a game mode you dont play and know very little about?
No offense intended btw but i just dont understand.

Anyway:
Knowing you go first when you know the opponents lineup is a small advantage yes. But its minimal,your opponent also knows your lineup the second change and still had went first in the first game,which is still better then going first in the 2nd game because you have a change to knock out your opponent.

If you would ask players before final fight. Would you prefer to go first in the first game, and 2nd in the second game if the match ends up not finishing in the first game then every single player would chose to go first in the first game over going first in a potential 2nd game.

Its not a huge deal but it is something that has been bothering me several times now since i dont see how its needed.

Sometimes lucky;

Going second five times in a row. 3% and 5% are not that much different.

I just lost to a beast build when I had Triple baron, double goldrin, double hydra, Maexna because he went first. That’s just BGs

I don’t think it has to change, but I do think it would be very interesting to add rules to determine first attack, like giving advance notice, preferring a higher/lower life-total, letting you bribe Bob, etc.

Totally agree. Just lost a beast game vs quillboars. My macaw had literally 0 impact the last two (or even three) because my opponent started both rounds. It’s actually rediculous that they haven’t changed this in the final rounds.

1 Like

Thats because the game is obviously rigged af you can notice patterns