Older Single Player adventures should be obtainable through gold

I know this is far from new or original but the problem clearly still exists.

Right now, assuming that you had not played during the release time of the adventure, the only way to obtain these adventures is through the payment of approximately $20. However, if you had played during the release of the adventure, you can obtain each wing for 700 gold (in-game money).

The main basis behind not making these older adventures visible for newer players was the risk that newer players would spend money or time grinding something that can’t even be used in standard, the main game mode.

However, this argument has several major flaws. First, if the only problem was the chance of scamming newer players, then why is the adventure still obtainable through the payment of irl money? Secondly, why couldn’t it be made so that the locked version could be obtainable for free while you could pay irl money for a fully unlocked version if you wanted that?

The truth is that this wouldn’t even be much of a problem if the cards that could be obtained from the adventures had no use. HOWEVER, standard gets boring after a while and after standard gets boring, wild is the place to go. However, all cards released before I started before I played can only be obtained through dust or irl money, neither of which I have much of. Plus, the adventures are all described as well designed and fun to play… if only I could actually play them.

2 Likes

It is a very interesting question: why not to give up for free something that can be sold. Isn’t the answer obvious…?

1 Like

The reason I have a problem with it is because people who haven’t paid irl money but played during that time period can have access to it without paying irl money.

This is how any time-limited action works. If you missed a black friday, you must pay more.

1 Like

How about frozen throne though?

It was always for free and still is. You didn’t pay gold for it.

1 Like

but shouldn’t it also have been time limited?

Dudes forget that… I cant even access Knights of the Frozen Throne… Blizzard did know about the problem… But chooses not to solve it… Several months have gone past now.