Noticed.... Anyone else?

Like Hunter spell stone rotated. Let’s print 4 mana 7/7 with secret again.

Priest spell stone rotated, let’s print Mass Resurrect.

Quests’s finally rotated. Let’s print quests again.

Why rotate at all?

(This here is not a balance argument, this is in regards to “creativity”.)

This is a poor example. The only similarity between the new and old Quests is that both are 1 mana cards that always start in your mulligan. You might as well complain that the devs keep printing Battlecry cards.

1 Like

I can see why the game is in decline - age, competition, pricey, annoying cards that stay in play for too long - 7 mana Dr.Boom odd/ control warrior with 30+ Armour should have been toned down when the other hero cards rotated out. It sucked the life out of games and if you played it yourself you risked 45 minute games with random choices from Elysiana deciding who wins. Boom/ control dragged out games in the 1st Grandmaster’s series so it was almost unwatchable.

Maybe more people are just catching to the fact that this is the talk to yourself forum and if you want actual news or actual attention from the Devs you have to go to the one and only real official forum Redditt.

1 Like

Na, you can always go to Redditt since they are pretty active over there.

ApxVoid is awesome; he is my go to streamer to watch when I’m working overnight shifts (Asmo banned me for saying he complained about stream snipers too much). APX is definitively next level when he plays cyclone mage.

Not sure which game you saw, but I went 1-1 vs him the last few nights. He beat me with Duel! Paladin when I was playing a beast secret hunter. I won with tempo warrior vs freeze mage.

1 Like

It’s just a really boring meta, largely because of Quest Shaman. It’s not fun to play against because Lackey’s allow them to have all the answers so it becomes pointless to play around anything. It’s also just a very repetitive experience because the games play out in a similar way.

Murloc Pally is probably the most powerful deck, and it has a dreaded early game I win card. Not sure how it avoided getting nerfed.

Quest Druid is pretty silly because you don’t have to devote any resources to completing the quest, and a lot of decks just lose once it’s finished. I don’t think it’s broken. I just think it’s horribly designed.

Zeph poses the same problem as Quest Shaman, just in one card. Having the perfect answer just isn’t fun to play against especially in decks that don’t make the highlander sacrifice.

1 Like

The new quests don’t make you play a five mana quest completion spell once you’ve completed the quest. That’s a big difference. They said they didn’t do it this time because the power level of the quests is lower but that’s just not true of Shaman and Druid.

One of the main complaints against Genn and Baku was that it led to repetitive linear gameplay. IMO, quests are even worse for linear gameplay. Every game vs Quest Druid feels like the exact same first 5 or 6 turns.
Similarly, people complain about highroll cards; and we get Tip the Scales Paladin and highlander decks that are largely fueled by single card power spikes.
I feel like they have to do something to change the core gameplay in order to keep players more excited.

This has been the nature of Hearthstone since forever, if you don’t like the one card auto win style of game, Hearthstone is not the game for you.

I disagree; the “I win” cards are generally not in super powerful decks. In general, Hearthstone still involves quite a bit of turn to turn decision making to decide games.

Nothing. They just pulled the plug. Jesse had a plan all laid out, and they just fired him with no transition. Previously another CM typically reaches out for contact, but nothing this time.

I think it’s just player exhaustion. I blame RNG mechanics. HS has become so reliant on RNG to influence games to where it’s impossible discern the difference between skill and luck. Wins don’t feel good. Losses feel utterly horrible.

Secondly, the meta is stale. Here, I blame the player base. Season of the Mammoth enables a more dynamic meta. You had combo to threaten control and control to threaten aggro. At least you had variations in matches. These days, it’s quite dull. Things are just so linear. It’s just whoever’s slope is more positive. The swings are wholly determined by RNG cheats.

1 Like

Maybe? But all that meant is that the Year if the Raven felt extra stale because the power level of Mammoth cards stifled most Raven cards that weren’t Shudderwock (until the nerf) or Zilliax.

This led to more than I expected to be honest… it was just a late night post, lol

WoW Classic: Yeah, it does appear for heresay (here and other places) that the excitement/draw of WoW Classic was A LOT higher than I had personally thought it would be. So this is definitely taking a bit of a bite. Competition, whether direct or secondary, is obviously going to whittle away over time.

Maybe? I personally was playing more originally as I like the Quest mechanic in HS. Honestly, without Quests I would probably be in full maintenance mode but I at least get some fun from a few of the Quests still (Warlock, Priest, Druid).

Currently though the games are shorter than RoS. I will 100% agree that during RoS I stopped playing Standard as I couldn’t stand Control vs. Control match-ups, namely my Shaman against Warriors, as we’d both play Elysiana twice into draw ><;

I can’t imagine after 5 years people just NOW noticed that, lol. If I wanted to talk with the Devs… well tbh I never expect any communication with Blizzard Devs in general but, personally, I use forums for playerbase interaction and I have to imagine most people do. I kind of doubt this is the issue/cause but ./shrug I might be wrong. I do use Reddit for MtG:A but that has more to do with how poor WotC’s forums are than anything.

I’d modify this from “Quest Shaman” to “Lackeys” in general. I don’t know if there has been as common of a mechanic that I dislike as Lackeys have been. What they generate is game changing in a lot of matchups it feels like.

Not sure I’d say most powerful but it has the EXACT SAME ISSUE as Big Priest in Wild (turn 4 = game potential). Only difference is that, at least, Murloc Paladin has a lot more potential answers from Midrange and Control decks.

Agree here that my agency feels VERY low in Standard right now. Wild is fine in this regard but obviously doesn;t have the same attraction, for various reasons, with the overall player base. I’m perfectly happy to hide in Wild but I know many are not.

Ehhh… I mean for archetypes we have Aggro, Midrange, Control, and Combo all seeing some play. Referencing above I just think certain mechanics within those decks feel a lot more “YOLO” or “Generate Win!” then we’ve seen. Archetype variety feels decent but just inner mechanics… ehhh…

2 Likes

I see that differently. You still rush to complete them and win with your quest reward.

But that definition is broad enough to accurately describe every single deck in Hearthstone: reach your wincon faster than your opponents reach theirs. Sure, all Quest decks work like that… but so do non-Quest decks.

I would say more decks have flexible “win cons” (i dislike this word) which you do not need to rush to but come out naturally during the game. There is also no way to disrupt Quest completion.

Funny how the top players stay at the top so consistently then, isn’t it?

Not just limited to this forum. Most forums seem to be dying. Reasons seem to be lack of interaction from forum runners along with people moving on from them.

Here specifically the amount of whine makes me want to open a cheese shop plus the mentality of if its not tier 1 according to another source then the decks are crap. Having devs release everything on twitter first and here be an afterthought is not helping.

2 Likes